How-To manually update your rooted stock ROM with CWM
I get a lot of people asking me for this, so instead of typing it a hundred times I'll just drop it here.
If you have a rooted but stock ROM and have CWM recovery installed, this is really easy.
THIS ONLY WORKS FOR STOCK ROOTED ROMS
- Download the OTA package
- Open it on your computer, and delete the recovery folder from inside the .zip file
- Place the zip file on the root of your SD card
- Unless you're able to mount the system and edit file permissions while in recovery, install OTA Rootkeeper from the market and run it
- Reboot into CWM and make a backup
- Flash the OTA package you put in your sdcard folder in step 3
- Reboot, rerun OTA Rootkeeper, or chmod 4755 /system/bin/su while in recovery then reboot
- 05-19-2014, 01:41 PM #2
- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: How-To manually update your rooted stock ROM with CWM
Thanks for the post, but how to delete a file inside the zip archive? WinRar can't do this. Can I unzip the update, then delete the recovery.img and then zip it again? Will that work? Or it is possible to damage the archive? My phone (HTC Desire 600 DS) is S-OFF with supercid and I am afraid of bricking it. I will make a backup, but for me it is important this to work.
Thank you in advance
- 09-27-2016, 09:37 AM #3