Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

Default System update for 4.0.4

I got a pop up with a system update for the 4.0.4. Not sure what it was, it said something to do with performance updates.
    I was already on 4.0.4 and the update was 750kb I think.
    Did anyone else get this?

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Re: System update for 4.0.4

I had the Yakjuxw nexus and flashed the regular Yakju a couple of weeks ago. Everything was fine until today I received the OTA and as it restarted there was a triangle with an exclamation point. When i saw the details it says something like"failed to verify whole-file signature" and "signature verification failed installation abborted". Anyone know what might be going on???
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by mattatwar View Post
    I got it here is some info
    Thanks!

No problem

Quote Originally Posted by Mikok655 View Post
    I had the Yakjuxw nexus and flashed the regular Yakju a couple of weeks ago. Everything was fine until today I received the OTA and as it restarted there was a triangle with an exclamation point. When i saw the details it says something like"failed to verify whole-file signature" and "signature verification failed installation abborted". Anyone know what might be going on???
    Could be anyting. Are you sure you flashed Yakju properly? Also, are you rooted? I, for instance, was running stock 4.0.4 but with Franco's Kernel. I flashed the stock kernel and the update went well after that.
    If I've been of assistance help me get some more Dropbox space http://db.tt/AL3XE4e2

Oh, and this update btw is IMM76I. Still 4.0.4, but it's supposed to fix the reception issues some users, myself included, where having. It's been a very small roll out so far, and not official, either, so I think it's a bit of a soak test. Expect a proper update within the next few weeks.
    If I've been of assistance help me get some more Dropbox space http://db.tt/AL3XE4e2

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 IMM76I

I've had the update and so far it seems to have caused more problems than its meant to solve. Have experienced loss in signal strength, increased battery drain and overheating when charging. Would uninstall if I could going by what I've experienced today.

UPDATE - Panic over! Pulled battery and all is ok, but update has now vanished as an option. Still rocking .02

I had a notification to say that there was a system update (much like going from .01 to .02) and hit update now. And now I'm sat staring at a black screen with Google written across it (and have been for the last 10 minutes).

I'm guessing switching it off or removing the battery is a bad idea at this point?
    Last edited by olliex11; 04-25-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Yeah, guess the delay in sending out 4.04 was to fix that; I got IMM761 from stock 4.02, no signal issues here.

Decent update; my building wrath towards Google has subsided. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by beck79 View Post
    I got a pop up with a system update for the 4.0.4. Not sure what it was, it said something to do with performance updates.
    I was already on 4.0.4 and the update was 750kb I think.
    Did anyone else get this?
    Its an update from IMM76D to IMM76I. It supposedly improves some of the issues people have been facing with signal drops while the phone is asleep/screen off. Super small update, nothing else in this one.

Seems like they're having mixed results. Hard to tell.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

So far I don't have much issues with the update.
    The phone seems to be finding the network relatively faster than before. It may have affected the battery life a little, I still am happy with mine.

ROM
    Whatever google wants...

Seems my signal now aucks as device can't even connect to hspa+ network on tmobile. Data speeds stink big time. Nothing more than a meg down at the moment and I know I am in a good coverage area for tmobile. What gives?

Ever since i did the update my phone has sucked!! Constantly losing signal every other hour. just says NO SIGNAL i have to reboot it to get it going again