Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: Google Selling Galaxy Nexus

Quick question:

Are any of you planning to insure your new nexus? if so, which insurance company do you use?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

Quote Originally Posted by pnina17 View Post
    Quick question:

Are any of you planning to insure your new nexus? if so, which insurance company do you use?
    I've also been wondering about this. The Play Store was ambiguous as to whether it came with a warrenty or not :/
    LCW

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1 (JRO03C)

i've never insured any of my phone ever. no reason to start now.
    ***SOLD but not forgotten***
    Google Nexus One

@craZDude

The GNex from Google comes with a 12 month warranty from Samsung:

Warranty information - Google Play Help
    LCW

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1 (JRO03C)

hopefully we don't run into a service issue like on the Nexus One... HTC would say call Google, and Google would say call HTC...
    ***SOLD but not forgotten***
    Google Nexus One

Warranty does not cover lost or damaged phone. I had dropped my phone in the toilet and on the floor enough to want insurance, for sure.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

I got my GNEX from Google play yesterday and ONE thing stands out which is a major plus: I get more Carrier signal with this then my IP4 !! I am in New York city and noticed the difference of getting more coverage/signal with the GNEX... I have 13 days left to see any defects exist on my handset .. I do have that issue with auto brightness and the screen turning purple... It personally doesn't bother me since I will never have my brightnesss to 10%..

399.99 is a reasonable price IMO. I bought the GN at launch for 750.00 (ended up returning it though). Now I am back and was much happier with the 399.99 price.

I know that there's 16 gigs on the phone, but how much is actually available for our stuff (pics, music, etc...)? Like 13 gigs? Does anyone know?

My carrier GSM Gnex has 13.33gigs of storage, so your guess of 13gigs is pretty close

And yes, it's a 16gig GSM, from Rogers. I don't think an unlocked GSM from Google would be much different... but I could be wrong
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Warranty does not cover lost or damaged phone. I had dropped my phone in the toilet and on the floor enough to want insurance, for sure.
    I went with a Square Trade warranty, which also covers drops

Quote Originally Posted by mitchstehlin View Post
    I'm pissed
    A. What took so long?
    B. Why no heads up from google about this.
    C. The price is an insult to anyone who bought the GSM unlocked version. I'm already $200 in the hole as this price will reduce the resell value a ton.
    This made me lol
    Andrew Martonik likes this.

Just ordered mine at 638am EST lets see if i get it in two days

Quote Originally Posted by alicechong7789 View Post
    Has anyone tried using Google Wallet with the Galaxy Nexus?
    Yes. Works just fine. Even get updates even though it's blocked in the Market for me.
    (I have an imported GN, but flashed it with the TAKJU image from Google; so it's the same as the software loaded on the Play Store model)

EDIT:
    I'll clarify, I'm on T-Mobile U.S. If Wallet isn't supported in your country, it won't work.

After seeing the recent release of phones, I've decided to go with the Nexus. It will be nice to not be locked into any contract and have a phone that gets updates. I will be ordering today.

Quote Originally Posted by font1975 View Post
    Yes. Works just fine. Even get updates even though it's blocked in the Market for me.
    (I have an imported GN, but flashed it with the TAKJU image from Google; so it's the same as the software loaded on the Play Store model)

EDIT:
    I'll clarify, I'm on T-Mobile U.S. If Wallet isn't supported in your country, it won't work.
    Cool. Thanks!!
    Im using T-Mobile as well. Now I just need to find places that take Google Wallet. =)

Ok, so I really want to get the unlocked Galaxy Nexus. Does anyone know where I can get one just like the google one but in white?

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Search on Amazon, Negri or Expansys. But it won't be quite as cheap or come with a US warranty AFAIK, and Yakju may not be guaranteed. I'd have loved to get white too.

Any place that has the touch payment sensor will work with your GN. I LOVE NFC.

I transfered over 500.00 last month and use NFC all the time. Paid for my lunch today at Mcdonalds with my GN. I always get a weird look when I use it, like I am doing something fraudulent.

All the white GNs I find never say that they will run on HSPA+... is it possible the white ones are different even though they are called i9250?

Quote Originally Posted by alicechong7789 View Post
    Cool. Thanks!!
    Im using T-Mobile as well. Now I just need to find places that take Google Wallet. =)
    McDonald's and Jack-in-the-box. And when the heartburn/indigestion kick in from that ... CVS and Walgreens

(Home Depot accepts PayPass, but the stores around me seem to be removing the sensors and are pushing PayPal instead....)

Quote Originally Posted by lfeuln View Post
    Search on Amazon, Negri or Expansys. But it won't be quite as cheap or come with a US warranty AFAIK, and Yakju may not be guaranteed. I'd have loved to get white too.
    But it's REALLY easy to flash YAKJU/TAKJU to the phones. In fact, I used it as an excuse to play with Cynogenmod before going back to stock .... knowing that Google has the stock images online really takes away the last excuse I had for not playing with the various ROMs out there....

(that being "How do I go back to stock, and *know* that it's stock")

All the white GNs I find never say that they will run on HSPA+... is it possible the white ones are different even though they are called i9250?
    They're the exact same as the grey ones. Literally exact same.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T

If you plan to get insurance, is it really worth it to also buy a warranty?

Also, I see pics of two different looks for the white version of the GN. One that only has the back white and one that has the back and front white... what's the difference? is one a Europe version only or something?

If you plan to get insurance, is it really worth it to also buy a warranty?
    Well a manufacturer limited warranty will cover defects/failures from the factory that you didn't cause. And it'll be fixed free of charge.

A 3rd party accidental damage warranty will cost you a deductible to get it fixed, whether you "caused" it or not.

Also, I see pics of two different looks for the white version of the GN. One that only has the back white and one that has the back and front white... what's the difference? is one a Europe version only or something?
    There is no actual shipping version with a white front. Those are early renders of a proposed white model. There are 2 colors of this phone. One is silver/grey + black front, and the other is white + black front. That's it.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast