Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: Google Selling Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by martonikaj View Post
    We would assume so. It's hard to believe that they'd start selling the GNex online directly this late after its' launch to just stop selling devices again before the next Nexus launch. After all of this crap with Verizon in the US, I bet Google doesn't really want to do any more bad carrier launches or exclusivities that keep them from selling devices directly.

Not to mention that this "Google Play Store Devices" area is really a launching zone for more Google products than just the Nexus. This is just a test to see how the system goes. We'll see more than a phone in there in the future.
    I hope your rigjht Marton!

I think I will be placing an order for the Gnex this weekend and go on Prepaid! (Strait Talk) and and just get a new phone every year! Providing they continue to sell their phones for something like $400 or so like the current device!

I get the feeling that google's optimism about how android is developing is less than it used to be. I wouldn't be surprised to see big changes. And who know where the Motorola thing is going.

ROM
    Whatever google wants...

Quote Originally Posted by danan View Post
    I get the feeling that google's optimism about how android is developing is less than it used to be. I wouldn't be surprised to see big changes. And who know where the Motorola thing is going.

Google not optimistic about Android? It's the top os at the moment. why would it not be optimistic? It's selling the gnex because I believe it saw how limiting it to just one carrier here hindered its sales and it saw many people, myself included, that wanted one but we're not willing to go the cdma way on Verizon. Thumbs up to Google for doing what it did.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzman View Post
    Google not optimistic about Android? It's the top os at the moment. why would it not be optimistic?

There has to be some changes. Frankly I feel a huge shift back to Apple this fall from a huge contingent of current techies in a 2-year dissatisfied affair with Android. I have access to these opinions every day since I am an IT professional. I find myself having to defend the fragmentation weekly.

So just like the mighty fall of Palm, then WinMo, then Blueberry, Google better tread carefully here in the next 18 months... Top mobile OS by sheer volume of scope, NOT mindshare. Contracts are up for renewal folks.

Their simply has to be a device that creates a consistent user experience across multiple carriers and it needs to be stylish and be minimal on the bugs.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE- > HTC Evo / BB Bold > Nexus S 4G

I've been using my iPhone Gen 2 since March 2008 and I think its time to finally upgrade. I bought mine unsubsidized ($500) but having the phone last for 4 years made it worth it. Its still working too and in perfect mint condition haha.

But I can't wait for the Galaxy Nexus to arrive. Planning on pairing it with T-Mobile's Monthly4G plan = win.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345