Google Selling Galaxy Nexus

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Today in the morning at 1:40 am I got a shipment notification from Google that my unlocked nexus goodness with a topping of ics has shipped :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I was so about to jump on this and drop Sprint like a rock... then I read 16GB and still the low powered battery for this price? (They should default to the extended due to all the complaints) so NO SALE. I'll stick with my Nexus S and Evo3d I guess till the Jelly Bean Nexus.

REALLY hope Google doesn't do an exclusive and does an unlocked JB phone at launch. If they do this at the holiday season- and launch it worldwide, it could be the biggest Nexus / Android launch ever. The only hardware mfg that would be able to keep up with demand would probably be Samsung- but they really need to step up their antenna strength. 720P SuperAMOLED+ wouldn't hurt either.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Ordered one yesterday morning... couldn't resist at that price... i have an iphone 4S... but looking for something a bit different to play with... will see how i like it vs the 4S... ship notification received last night at 12:40am

mitchstehlin

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm pissed :mad:
A. What took so long?
B. Why no heads up from google about this.
C. The price is an insult to anyone who bought the GSM unlocked version. I'm already $200 in the hole as this price will reduce the resell value a ton.

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered mine right now. Let's hope all goes smooth. Now will it be as easy as just popping in my Tmo sim and off to the races I go or will I need to call Tmo to get the phone provisioned? Anyone know?

DannyUC6

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered mine right now. Let's hope all goes smooth. Now will it be as easy as just popping in my Tmo sim and off to the races I go or will I need to call Tmo to get the phone provisioned? Anyone know?

Popped in my ATT sim and everything was a go. I would assume it is the same!! Enjoy its been a great week for me! Got my. 4.0.4 update as we speak!

lfeuln

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Seriously debating. My biggest concern is that in 4-8 weeks, they'll start selling it in white as well. I'd take it in black if that's all that's ever available, but otherwise would kick myself for not waiting. I have a working iPhone 4 so it's definitely not a need, but I'd love to play with ICS...

brewkelyn

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Ordered one last night! My first unlocked phone :)

I was/am happy with my Sensation 4g but couldn't resist. I wonder how many devices Google is moving with this sale?! I mean if they got me to get one I'm sure there's many more. I never thought I'd ever buy an unlocked device given the usual high cost.

Related question: Anyone know how much my T-Mo S4G is worth...with only light scratches on one side of the screen? Really only visible in sunlight...

Sales tax is 6% in my county so I got a little better price than others @ $433.
Update: Since my order was placed Tues. night at like 9p I finally got my shipping notice this morning (thurs) at 12:38am eastern time. Still no tracking details yet or an ETA but I really hope I get it tomorrow. Man it would suck to have to wait til Monday to play with this bad boy.

Those of you about to get your package, keep us posted...

lougw

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Long time Palm/webOS user with a Veer who saw the offer from Google and decided it was time to make the switch. Sounds from this thread I should be able to remove my AT&T SIM and insert and be good to go?

Mine purchased on Tuesday and says out for delivery right now. Can't wait to give it a spin.

kyleresq

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I purchased mine yesterday morning, and same as everyone else, got a tracking and shipment notification in the middle of the night. UPS still says "label created" so no delivery date has been listed yet but I am hopeful for tomorrow (if not today). I am still interested in the Galaxy S III but I am with TMobile so I am sure I have a good 6 months until they get it, and I'll play with this in the meantime.

thawkth

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Was whining for two months about Verizon's lack of good phones. Kept leaning toward the Nexus but couldn't justify $300 and a two year contract. Price dropped to $200 and I still couldn't do it.

$400 unlocked? Yes please.

I'll be leaving a Verizon grandfathered unlimited plan assuming a weekend test drive of this phone works out. I'd prefer the freedom of GSM frankly and being a phone junkie you can't beat the flexibility. Pentaband? Yay!

Phone is "Out for delivery" - Hmm...home by 5...can't WAIT!

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Typing from my brand new galaxy nexus. Purchased through the Google play store. Its awesome. As soon as I turned it on it updated to 4.0.4

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2