Google Selling Galaxy Nexus

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried using Google Wallet with the Galaxy Nexus?

Yes. Works just fine. Even get updates even though it's blocked in the Market for me.
(I have an imported GN, but flashed it with the TAKJU image from Google; so it's the same as the software loaded on the Play Store model)

EDIT:
I'll clarify, I'm on T-Mobile U.S. If Wallet isn't supported in your country, it won't work.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
After seeing the recent release of phones, I've decided to go with the Nexus. It will be nice to not be locked into any contract and have a phone that gets updates. I will be ordering today.

lfeuln

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Search on Amazon, Negri or Expansys. But it won't be quite as cheap or come with a US warranty AFAIK, and Yakju may not be guaranteed. I'd have loved to get white too. :(

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Any place that has the touch payment sensor will work with your GN. I LOVE NFC.

I transfered over 500.00 last month and use NFC all the time. Paid for my lunch today at Mcdonalds with my GN. I always get a weird look when I use it, like I am doing something fraudulent.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Cool. Thanks!!
Im using T-Mobile as well. Now I just need to find places that take Google Wallet. =)

McDonald's and Jack-in-the-box. And when the heartburn/indigestion kick in from that ... CVS and Walgreens :)

(Home Depot accepts PayPass, but the stores around me seem to be removing the sensors and are pushing PayPal instead....)

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Search on Amazon, Negri or Expansys. But it won't be quite as cheap or come with a US warranty AFAIK, and Yakju may not be guaranteed. I'd have loved to get white too. :(

But it's REALLY easy to flash YAKJU/TAKJU to the phones. In fact, I used it as an excuse to play with Cynogenmod before going back to stock .... knowing that Google has the stock images online really takes away the last excuse I had for not playing with the various ROMs out there....

(that being "How do I go back to stock, and *know* that it's stock")

anon(772365)

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
If you plan to get insurance, is it really worth it to also buy a warranty?

Also, I see pics of two different looks for the white version of the GN. One that only has the back white and one that has the back and front white... what's the difference? is one a Europe version only or something?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
If you plan to get insurance, is it really worth it to also buy a warranty?

Well a manufacturer limited warranty will cover defects/failures from the factory that you didn't cause. And it'll be fixed free of charge.

A 3rd party accidental damage warranty will cost you a deductible to get it fixed, whether you "caused" it or not.

Also, I see pics of two different looks for the white version of the GN. One that only has the back white and one that has the back and front white... what's the difference? is one a Europe version only or something?

There is no actual shipping version with a white front. Those are early renders of a proposed white model. There are 2 colors of this phone. One is silver/grey + black front, and the other is white + black front. That's it.

anon(772365)

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the help!

So, Negri has a white Nexus i9250 for $430 right now (free FEDEX ground shipping). How do I know what kind of warranty it comes with, if any?

Have any of you bought from Negri? if so, what was your experience like?

Thanks again in advance!

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the help!

So, Negri has a white Nexus i9250 for $430 right now (free FEDEX ground shipping). How do I know what kind of warranty it comes with, if any?

It will have a Samsung Europe warranty. The only way you'll get warranty service is via Negri. You send them the phone, they fill out a service request and send to Samsung, Samsung processes it and sends it back, Negri forwards to you. Obviously this is a long process.

Have any of you bought from Negri? if so, what was your experience like?

I bought mine from Negri a few months ago. They treated me well and I got the phone quickly. Haven't had to use the warranty though.

anon(772365)

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone on here having screen issues? I saw on xda that alot of people are having major problems with the screen having purple or blue hues, lines across it at low brightness, black spots, dead pixels and so on.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Biggest problem I've got with the screen is that my Zagg screen protector causes slightly distortion. However I'll take that over scratch in it! That being said I find the people over at XDA fixated on perfection. If the screen, software, hardware, and benchmarks are not insanely better then the last version.... then it's CRAP!!!

Also keep in mind the forums paint an unrealistic view of a device. Most consumers won't visit a forum. If they do notice something wrong,.most will just return the device as defective but even that is rare. So the number of complaints about the screen on XDA are a huge minority compared with the number of devices sold.

Reactions: anon(772365)

anon(772365)

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
martonikaj, I wanted to ask you about the Negri phone you got. How is the HSPA+ working for you? or are you with At&t? are you getting 4g speeds at all?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
martonikaj, I wanted to ask you about the Negri phone you got. How is the HSPA+ working for you? or are you with At&t? are you getting 4g speeds at all?

The phone works fine. They're all the same and all unlocked no matter if you get it from Negri, Expansys, or Google Play.

I get HSPA+ perfectly on T-Mobile. Same is true for AT&T. The only reason why you wouldn't is if you have a really old SIM or its provisioned improperly for the service. All fixable "issues".