Facebook is draining my battery

Perito

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I fully charged my phone's battery yesterday (it reached 100%), then I turned off WiFi and my data plan (ie, 3G was off). Basically the phone could only receive normal voice calls and SMS.

I was going to sleep, so I put it on silent and left it. No one touched it, no calls were received and no SMS either. The phone was basically idle for about 8 hours.

I woke up late today because for some reason, the battery was completely drained during the night. The alarm didn't go off.

When I charged it, I went to the battery settings and saw that facebook used 65% of the battery. How can that be possible if no one touched my phone. there was no internet connection for it to use facebook in the first place !

What's going on here, something is very wrong. How can I stop facebook from draining my battery's phone? Why is it doing this in the first place?

The refresh rate is set to 'never' and notification settings are set to 'inactive'.

EDIT: just noticed there is a 'Google Galaxy Nexus' forum. My nexus is GSM so it may better fit in that forum, sorry for the mistake.

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Same with me. I force quit face book after it use it now.
Really annoying.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney