I'm lovin' GNex and T-Mobile!

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Howdy all,

I just wanted to make a quick post about the Google Galaxy Nexus I just received from El Goog.

I come from a long line of Sprint phones (like 4 feature phones (incl. the tiny blue and silver LG flip), Treos 300 & 600, Palm Pre, Evo4g and Evo3d).

I was SO taken with the HTC One X that I was going to use my last Sprint Premier customer upgrade for that phone...to go along with my $99 unlimited everything plan. Then HTC and Sprint broke my heart (and the design of the One X IMHO).

So, fast forward several weeks, and I couldn't resist jumping on the Nexus with T-Mobile prepaid monthly 4g! I just activated on the $50/month plan, but if my transition to Google Voice works out I'll probably drop it down to the $30/month plan and just text when I'm out and about.

I love the phone. It fits my hand better than the 3d (thinner and lighter makes it better to use with one hand), the display is much brighter, and I'm using Chrome as the browser. The key features I love about ICS are the folders and the menu for multitasking/app switching. Not to mention the speed. I know there are complaints about the camera...but I'm coming from the 3d...and neither will match iPhone pics, I'm sure, so I can live with that not being the best.

I do NOT miss Sense at all. I've also realized that there will not be an official ICS update for the 3d for some time, otherwise, that's less motivation to upgrade to the One X.

For those of you out there like me, that have been with Sprint for 12+ years, who are brand loyal (I still have my Palm Pre), please don't hesitate on this phone, it's really striking.

On a side note, the phone call to port my number from Sprint took all of 2 menus and a total of 4 minutes, 37 seconds. Looking forward to T-Mo.

Reactions: Andrew Martonik

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I did pretty much the same. 12 years with sprint and could not get any plan that compares to T-Mobile's. Don't need all the minutes and data that Sprint's least expensive plan offered. Galaxy nexus has its flaws but is perfect for the price and is still much better than my old epic 4g.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I am a Sprint customer and am in the transition of switching out as well. Ordered the Nexus on Friday so I hope to get it on Tuesday. I will be going with AT&T though because of the large discount I get from work.