Need Help Replacing Broken Galaxy Nexus

zerosum0101

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So I bought the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon when it came out. I loved it, but then a month ago I accidently dropped it. At first the phone just had a cracked screen but the screen has gone completely black and is totally unusable. There are other issues with the phone so it definitely needs to be replaced. Being the dumb person I am I did not get the warranty through Verizon or anyone else. So to replace the phone I have to pay the full unsubsidized price. I held off on buying the phone again because I wanted to see if it was worth it to get the Samsung S3. Although it?s a nice phone I?d prefer to stick with the Nexus. Now here?s the issue. I need to replace this phone but I don?t want to pay the $700 for an unsubsidized Verizon phone. I don?t want to leave Verizon or pay the ridiculous ETF. So I think the way to go is ebay. Problem is I have NO idea how to purchase this phone on ebay. What should I be looking for? Do I need it to be listed as unlocked? Or does it just have to say ?clear ESN?? Also?how to I port my number from my old Nexus to the new one? I know I?m going to have to pay a lot of money for the phone but saving at least $200 would be nice. Any help would be appreciated.

tl;dr: Broke my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Don?t have warranty. Need to replace. No idea how to buy replacement phone on ebay. Need help. Thanks.

skindoc

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Hope you found what you were looking for. I have bought several phones off of Craigslist and not been screwed to date. All that I needed was a clean ESN and boom, my phone number transferred over. Log into gmail and you are on your way. I too was shocked to see how fragile these screens are.

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Check your warranty in the original packaging. Samsung supports up to one year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888