Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: Straight Talk MMS problems

So I have a few questions in regards to using the Google Galaxy Nexus with StraightTalk Service. I was previously using my GSM Google Galaxy Nexus (Model GT-i9250M) on the AT&T network. However, I was sick of the cost and wanted to try StraightTalk. In my area (T-Mobile is a better carrier) so I bought the StraightTalk/T-Mobile sim card. When I put it in my phone (after porting number), I am able to make phone calls and get SMS messages. However, data/MMS messages keep messing up. I have used the recommmended APN settings from straight talk and have no luck. I have another friend who is using StraightTalk/TMobile with a Android ICS phone and got his settings. Still no luck. Here are my APN settings that i am using:

Name: StraightTalk
    APN: wap.tracfone
    Proxy: not set
    Port: 8080
    User name: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC:
    MMS Proxy: not set
    MMS port: Not set
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    Auth. Type: Not set
    APN Type: default,supl,mms
    APn Protocol: IPv4
    Bearer: Unspecified

Not sure what is wrong and could definitely use some advice from people that have gotten this to work. Thanks!

Chirag

Quote Originally Posted by cpatel529 View Post
    So I have a few questions in regards to using the Google Galaxy Nexus with StraightTalk Service. I was previously using my GSM Google Galaxy Nexus (Model GT-i9250M) on the AT&T network. However, I was sick of the cost and wanted to try StraightTalk. In my area (T-Mobile is a better carrier) so I bought the StraightTalk/T-Mobile sim card. When I put it in my phone (after porting number), I am able to make phone calls and get SMS messages. However, data/MMS messages keep messing up. I have used the recommmended APN settings from straight talk and have no luck. I have another friend who is using StraightTalk/TMobile with a Android ICS phone and got his settings. Still no luck. Here are my APN settings that i am using:

APN: wap.tracfone
    Proxy: not set
    Port: 8080
    MMSC:
    MMS Proxy: not set
    MMS port: Not set
    MNC: 260

Not sure what is wrong and could definitely use some advice from people that have gotten this to work. Thanks!

Chirag
    I am currently waiting for USPS to deliver my Gnex 1 so I'm not positive but, it looks like you need to use the AT&T settings. I'm replacing a 3GS and these are my current (AT&T) settings (that are working for me).

Cellular Data
    APN: att.mvno
    Username:
    Password:

MMS
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC:
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33:80
    ALT MMS PROXY: mms2.tracfone.com:80
    /\ (this is what I'm using and it seems to work better, I had frequent MMS failures with the other one) /\
    MMS Max Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL:

Also here is the support page link for ST (other settings),

Last edited by lsutigers03; 07-26-2012 at 09:00 AM.

anyone figure out how to do MMS yet?

ROM

I'm using a StraightTalk sim (the AT&T version) and have no problems. My apn settings are:

Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    Port: 80
    MMSC:
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
    MMS port: 80
    MNC: 410
    Thanked by:

I just entered these settings into my google galaxy nexus (with ST's at&t sim) and it seems like nothing has happened...Ugh I want to be a straight talk believer but this APN/roaming nonsense is more than a little insufferable. Want to habeeeeb.

Worked great for me on my GNEX!
    Thanked by:

i have the att straight talk sim in a gnex i9250 and have pretty close to the same settings as tcour and it works great
    havent tried the tmobile straight talk sim

name: Tweakker
    apn: att.mvno
    proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    port: 80
    username: not set
    password: not set
    server: not set
    mmsc:
    mms proxy: 66.209.11.33
    mms port: 80
    mcc: 310
    mnc: 410
    authentication type: not set
    apn type: default,supl,mms,dun,fota*
    apn protocol: IPv4
    bearer: unspecified
    all these settings were taken off my motorola atrix 4g and work fine on my google nexus with android 4.1.1 getting hspa 15 and 8

I feel like i've tried about every combination of apn settings i've found searching. the people on this page sound like you only need 1 apn setting that will cover data and mms. a few of the folks on page 1 mention creating a second apn setting. one for data and one for mms. so which is it?

ROM
    Stock: GNex; dalepl rom

I can only tell you that I set up two APN's so that I could try each. It doesn't seem to make a difference for me.

for unbroken iphones you can use ibackupbot to change the settings to accept mms.

it's the instructs at the bottom. i followed them and got mms to work fine on my 3g.

however! it seems like you're s-o-l for a windows phone, try kik messenger. almost everyone has a smartphone, just talk your friends into d-loading the app and send all the pix you want.
    Last edited by rcmcghee7734; 09-17-2012 at 03:04 AM. Reason: additional info

I got my HTC Titan 2 APN to work on straight talk but I can't find the MMS setting to change all of the settings anyone knows how i can fix it so i can get MMS messages?

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Thanked by:

We travel for a living throughout the midwest (about 16 states) and have straight talk sims in our phones (LG Thrill and Galaxy Note)....both work perfectly for voice calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    It uses AT&T's network, so yes.

The only caveat is that there are questions as to whether or not they have roaming. Prepaid carriers usually don't have roaming agreements. Straight Talk, however, operates on both AT&T and T-Mobile (you choose when buying) and for that reason some believe you're allowed to 2G voice roam on the other network with Straight Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by miannotti View Post
    I am using a Straight Talk sim card (provisioned for the AT&T network) and am unable to send/receive any MMS messages. Is there a setting I need to change on this phone?

Finally got my 4g & mms too work on Att branded Galaxy Note, I used the following settings.
    APN: att.mnvo
    MMSC:
    MMS Proxy: wireless(.)cingular(.)com
    MMS Port: 80
    MNC: 410
    APN Type: internet + mms

Of course without the parentheses in MMSC & MMS Proxy
    Thanked by:

I am using HTC Vivid (Android ICS) with Straight Talk and was not able to get picture MMS. Used settings noted in this thread posted by mdmda3rd and now it works!

I switched to Straight Talk 4 months ago from Sprint (+$100 for unlimited data) and am having great results with the service. Unlimited data, text, minutes for about $50 with tax. I selected the ATT network when purchasing the Straight Talk sim card as I have ATT 4G in my area. I also purchased ATT HTC Vivid online (Vivid is a nice phone, but not a Galaxy S3, One X, iPhone 5, but I have learned I don't need the newest phone every 6 months). From my experience I highly recommend Straight Talk unlimited data plan.

I simpley installed a different sms and mms app. Problem solved.

Default Straight Talk MMS problems

So if the native messaging app will not work without tweaks, you can install another messaging app and both SMS and mms work without tweaking?

I would like to get my college boys 3GS working for picture messages. His phone is not jailbroken and he doesn't want it to be.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I am new to this forum but I've been a Straightalk customer for over a year now, starting with the Nokia E71 (sigh, I miss that keyboard!) and moving to the Galaxy S2 with the same sim card (I'll be replacing the old sim with one of the "bring your own phone" sims for ATT Straight Talk in about a week).
    Roaming with Straighttalk - no worries. I've travelled from one end of the US to the furthest point and wherever there was ATT service, I had ST service. No extra charges. I haven't travelled out of the US with my phone so I don't have anything to add there.
    ST settings for getting data and mms to work right. Link takes you right to the ST page with those APN settings. They work, trust me. I was banging my head trying to get both my mms and data straightened out and working (I lazed around for a long time with the E71 and didn't bother. But the Galaxy? Ya just gotta!). I tried setting advice after setting advice (this one worked for mms but not data, no data except over wifi - urgh!) including a lot of settings advised in this forum. I deleted a LOT of APNs during the process.
    So, final victory was found using the basic settings found on the ST page. I only needed ONE APN - not separate data/mms and ST has definitely simplified the info required since I began this process. BTW, these settings are for any ST sim card - just follow the directions for either the ATT sim or the TMobile sim and if you have the old ST sim (found in the Nokia phones) just follow the ATT settings. Now I have mms and data and all is working well. Thank gawd - otherwise I was going to have to run down to BB and get the S3 on their one day sale today and slink back to $100/mo ATT bill.
    Good luck and have fun - victory is sweet and I love my cell phone bill;P
    Oh, and make sure you reset your APN settings back to the original before you start - cleans everything up and reduces possible headaches.
    I also made sure I "selected" the new APN after I created it and then turned my phone off and on again. After that, easy peasy.

To work on the straight talk net work with an htc inspire will I have to unlock it to receive picture messages ? If so what sims card would I need to get it to reveive picture messages , text messages , & calling & web ?

I'm new to this . I have an htc inspire & i would like to use the straight talk sims card . will i have to unlock it to receive mms?

What carrier is the Inspire for? If att, then the att compatible straight talk sim will work in it. No unlocking needed.

If it is for t mobile, then the t mobile compatible sim will work, no unlock needed.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

It's for att . what will i have to change on it to get it to receive mms ?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast