Straight Talk MMS problems
07-19-2015 09:55 PM
- Finally got my 4g & mms too work on Att branded Galaxy Note, I used the following settings.
MMS Proxy: wireless(.)cingular(.)com
MMS Port: 80
APN Type: internet + mms
Of course without the parentheses in MMSC & MMS Proxy
Try these settings that were posted above. Best advice I can offer, unfortunately.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums11-11-2012 03:11 PM
- I had a lot of issues with Straight Talk MMS. Various changes would only work temporarily and intermittently. After digging around quite awhile, I managed to setup some APN settings that work first time, every time, especially for receiving messages.
The trick is to use two separate APNs. One for data, the other for MMS. Setting the APN type field correctly will have the phone automatically switch APNs as needed.
What my APN settings page looks like:
The names aren't all that important, but leave the normal Straight Talk as the default.
Here's the run-down of the Straight Talk APN. Note the lack of any MMS settings.
Here's the run-down of the Straight Talk MMS APN.
You may have to reboot the phone before getting reliable operation.11-13-2012 05:48 PM
- I switched to Straight Talk and have a GSM GNex...and i cant seem to be able to do Group Messaging or send MMS.
So I'm now trying Brain_ReCall's 2 APN setting to see if that works, this is annoying since that's mainly how i keep in touch with the fellas specially during Fantasy Football!11-20-2012 04:14 PM
- Found a solution! after days of trying multiple APNs i checked this post on Howard Forums APN & MMS settings for the new "Bring Your Own GSM Phone" program - Page 4
Read Chazz Matt's post ( the long one!) and figured that if I restore my APN and EDIT that APN that this could work...and it did! Put in the setting from Straight Talks att APN but do not create a new apn just edit the one that's a default on the phone after you restore the APN and after you edit it save it, turn off your phone and back on again and that should work.. That did it for me. Strangely tho, SpeedTest doesn't work but my internet is really fast. MMS and Group Chat work perfectly. As11-20-2012 04:50 PMLike 2
- Hey Andrew when you say a SEPARATE APN what do you mean? On my Samsung S2 it was given to me and used with AT&T, All i did was add the new Straight Talk APN rebboted and I get to go online but When I receive a MMS Text all I get is a blank text saying DOWNLOADING and nothing else. What do you mean by Separate APN? I was on the Straight talk website but cannot find anything about this. Do I just ad another APN and call it MMS with all the same Straight Talk settings? Thanks for your Help.01-12-2013 02:20 PM
- Hey Andrew when you say a SEPARATE APN what do you mean? On my Samsung S2 it was given to me and used with AT&T, All i did was add the new Straight Talk APN rebboted and I get to go online but When I receive a MMS Text all I get is a blank text saying DOWNLOADING and nothing else. What do you mean by Separate APN? I was on the Straight talk website but cannot find anything about this. Do I just ad another APN and call it MMS with all the same Straight Talk settings? Thanks for your Help.01-13-2013 01:17 PM
- i have a samsung galaxy skyrocket and i cant get any picture messages but i can send them i have been dealing with ST for 2 weeks and trying different apn settings online with no luck. the only thing i can think might be the problem is i cant put in a custom apn juss internet+MMS can anyone help me out please01-16-2013 07:24 PM
- I was having the same problem, called st and all I could be told was I reached my data cap, as much I tried to keep telling this chick that I could still use the net JUST FINE she had to keep repeating that id cap sized. well after much research and 50 different apns I got one that worked! APN: Att.mvno. Proxy : proxy.mvno.tracfone.com. Port: 80. MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com. MMS proxy; 22.214.171.124. mms port: 80. MCC 310 MNC 410. Authentication type: PAP or CHAP. APN type: internet+mms+supl. apn protocol ipv4, TADA! worked for me instantly . hope this helps!01-31-2013 02:28 AM
- Ok so after not being able to receive pics and not being able to get on the Internet without wifi. I thought I had tried everything so I downloaded from google play h20 then went into setting and turned on use packet data option and all my messages started to work.01-31-2013 09:16 AM
- I have not had any data. I have straight talk and using a att samsung note. Does anyone have the apn settings? I have set up the apn settings and changed them too and still no luck. I can send texts and make phone calls. Under the mobile network settings am I supposed to keep the boxed check marked on use packet data. Can someone help?02-21-2013 09:00 PM
- I have a Samsung Infuse and am having the same problem. Tried all kinds of APN's and nothing works. All different APN's are accepeted but when i change the MNC from the 260 that is already there to the 410 that everyone is recommending and it hit SAVE APN, it erases the whole new APN. It only happens when i change that MNC number. Either way no APN is working. This is the most recent forum and up to date threads ive found. If anyone gets anywhere please advise me.02-25-2013 11:38 PM
- So as i said i tried all apn's with no luck. Tonight i did some more digging and coincidentally I ran in to a thread that talked about my DATA NETWORK MODE being ON, on my Infuse when i hold the button on the left side top, it gives me an option to turn Data Network Mode ON or OFF, mine was OFF the whole time. I turned it back on, tried a few apn's with no luck but RE-Tried downloading TWEAKKER and using IT and so far my internet and mms are working. Im still at home so tomorrow after being out and about i will get back with a report on how its working elsewhere....now on to my gf's Iphone 3GS lol03-06-2013 02:17 AM
- Google Hardware, Services & Apps
- More Google Devices & Services
- Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Straight Talk MMS problems
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD