Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: Straight Talk MMS problems

Quote Originally Posted by mdmda3rd View Post
    Finally got my 4g & mms too work on Att branded Galaxy Note, I used the following settings.
    APN: att.mnvo
    MMSC: http://mmsc(.)cingular(.)com
    MMS Proxy: wireless(.)cingular(.)com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    APN Type: internet + mms

Of course without the parentheses in MMSC & MMS Proxy

Try these settings that were posted above. Best advice I can offer, unfortunately.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Quentin Swain likes this.

will it work for my htc inspire ?
    Thanked by:

ROM
    OEM

Attachment 45827Attachment 45828

I'm on Straight Talk and using a Samsung SGH-I717 AT&T Galaxy Note and here's my APN. I left the PROXY blank so I can run SPEEDTEST.

I had the same problem on 2 different samsung infuse 4g phones trying to use them on straight talk. Half the time my MMS would or wouldn't go thru I got tired of it and dropped straight talk
    LTE is the devil
    Lisa Dean likes this.

I had a lot of issues with Straight Talk MMS. Various changes would only work temporarily and intermittently. After digging around quite awhile, I managed to setup some APN settings that work first time, every time, especially for receiving messages.

The trick is to use two separate APNs. One for data, the other for MMS. Setting the APN type field correctly will have the phone automatically switch APNs as needed.

What my APN settings page looks like:
    Straight Talk MMS problems-screenshot_2012-11-13-18-29-06.png
    The names aren't all that important, but leave the normal Straight Talk as the default.

Here's the run-down of the Straight Talk APN. Note the lack of any MMS settings.
    Straight Talk MMS problems-screenshot_2012-11-13-18-29-12.pngStraight Talk MMS problems-screenshot_2012-11-13-18-29-19.pngStraight Talk MMS problems-screenshot_2012-11-13-18-29-30.png

Here's the run-down of the Straight Talk MMS APN.
    Straight Talk MMS problems-screenshot_2012-11-13-18-29-39.pngStraight Talk MMS problems-screenshot_2012-11-13-18-29-45.pngStraight Talk MMS problems-screenshot_2012-11-13-18-29-50.png

You may have to reboot the phone before getting reliable operation.
    Thanked by:

I switched to Straight Talk and have a GSM GNex...and i cant seem to be able to do Group Messaging or send MMS.

So I'm now trying Brain_ReCall's 2 APN setting to see if that works, this is annoying since that's mainly how i keep in touch with the fellas specially during Fantasy Football!

anddddddd......no...doesn't work. I'm about to give up on this and wait until I get my next phone. Its really aggravating. I tried everything and no go!
    John Southard likes this.

Found a solution! after days of trying multiple APNs i checked this post on Howard Forums APN & MMS settings for the new "Bring Your Own GSM Phone" program - Page 4

Read Chazz Matt's post ( the long one!) and figured that if I restore my APN and EDIT that APN that this could work...and it did! Put in the setting from Straight Talks att APN but do not create a new apn just edit the one that's a default on the phone after you restore the APN and after you edit it save it, turn off your phone and back on again and that should work.. That did it for me. Strangely tho, SpeedTest doesn't work but my internet is really fast. MMS and Group Chat work perfectly. As
    Thanked by 2:
    Ryuuie likes this.

I have a samsung galaxy s3 im trying to get work the text messages and stuff work fine but i cant send or resieve pics pr get on the internet

Anyone know how I can get my pictures from my straight talk slide phone to my android pipe smart s1?

Hey Andrew when you say a SEPARATE APN what do you mean? On my Samsung S2 it was given to me and used with AT&T, All i did was add the new Straight Talk APN rebboted and I get to go online but When I receive a MMS Text all I get is a blank text saying DOWNLOADING and nothing else. What do you mean by Separate APN? I was on the Straight talk website but cannot find anything about this. Do I just ad another APN and call it MMS with all the same Straight Talk settings? Thanks for your Help.

Quote Originally Posted by softballmadness View Post
    Hey Andrew when you say a SEPARATE APN what do you mean? On my Samsung S2 it was given to me and used with AT&T, All i did was add the new Straight Talk APN rebboted and I get to go online but When I receive a MMS Text all I get is a blank text saying DOWNLOADING and nothing else. What do you mean by Separate APN? I was on the Straight talk website but cannot find anything about this. Do I just ad another APN and call it MMS with all the same Straight Talk settings? Thanks for your Help.
    having the same issue

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 & my mms used to work now it doesn't my internet still works tho

i have a samsung galaxy skyrocket and i cant get any picture messages but i can send them i have been dealing with ST for 2 weeks and trying different apn settings online with no luck. the only thing i can think might be the problem is i cant put in a custom apn juss internet+MMS can anyone help me out please

I was having the same problem, called st and all I could be told was I reached my data cap, as much I tried to keep telling this chick that I could still use the net JUST FINE she had to keep repeating that id cap sized. well after much research and 50 different apns I got one that worked! APN: Att.mvno. Proxy : proxy.mvno.tracfone.com. Port: 80. MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com. MMS proxy; 66.209.11.33. mms port: 80. MCC 310 MNC 410. Authentication type: PAP or CHAP. APN type: internet+mms+supl. apn protocol ipv4, TADA! worked for me instantly . hope this helps!

Ok so after not being able to receive pics and not being able to get on the Internet without wifi. I thought I had tried everything so I downloaded from google play h20 then went into setting and turned on use packet data option and all my messages started to work.
    pontiac005 likes this.

Can't receive text messages

My galaxy s3 will not let me change any of the default settings.

amandadunn, you must create a new apn setting, you cannot edit your default.

This one worked for my Skyrocket. Thank you!

I have not had any data. I have straight talk and using a att samsung note. Does anyone have the apn settings? I have set up the apn settings and changed them too and still no luck. I can send texts and make phone calls. Under the mobile network settings am I supposed to keep the boxed check marked on use packet data. Can someone help?

I have a Samsung Infuse and am having the same problem. Tried all kinds of APN's and nothing works. All different APN's are accepeted but when i change the MNC from the 260 that is already there to the 410 that everyone is recommending and it hit SAVE APN, it erases the whole new APN. It only happens when i change that MNC number. Either way no APN is working. This is the most recent forum and up to date threads ive found. If anyone gets anywhere please advise me.

Thank you so so much man ... That helped me

So as i said i tried all apn's with no luck. Tonight i did some more digging and coincidentally I ran in to a thread that talked about my DATA NETWORK MODE being ON, on my Infuse when i hold the button on the left side top, it gives me an option to turn Data Network Mode ON or OFF, mine was OFF the whole time. I turned it back on, tried a few apn's with no luck but RE-Tried downloading TWEAKKER and using IT and so far my internet and mms are working. Im still at home so tomorrow after being out and about i will get back with a report on how its working elsewhere....now on to my gf's Iphone 3GS lol

Thank you SOOOOO much! I had previously tried EVERYTHING to fix this problem. I used your suggestion...and it worked!!!
    Bravo!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast