Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: Straight Talk MMS problems

I have a Samsung note and I can't send pics or get msgs any help plzz

I got a note 2 and put in all the settings, I can receive the picture messages but can not send them. my settings don't say anything about an apn type. It asks for the proxy address, proxy port, proxy user name and password, then it goes into primary dns, secondary dns, ip address, and subnet mask. I can go on the internet but when I go to open certain things it says there's not enough memory to open it??? I also cannot get into the app store. please help, getting frustrated with a headache

did you use spaces on APN type?... thanks

Can someone PLEASE help me. I am trying to set the APN on a Samsung Infuse and I have tried EVERYTHING in this post. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

People, this is the Google Galaxy Nexus forum. If you want help with other devices I suggest you post in the forum for your device. Nexus devices are pure Android. They do not contain any manufacturer skins or other changes.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

This has worked for me so far tonight....I do not like that my Infuse 4G does not get 4g on ST for some strange reason. Well, I can't send and receive MMS still so I guess it isn't at full operation. What else should I try?

I have tried this one and several others on this forum, but the APN does not save if the MNC is 410. It works periodically but then stops working again. *annoyed!!* does anyone else have that 410 issue?

The data signal went out about 5 days ago on my Galazy SII, finally called them today after seeing this forum last night and wore their *** out on the phone. I realized that they are literally doing nothing to help people with the deliberate issue they cause. The first guy transferred me to a machine that referred to "terms and conditions" before hanging up on me. I called back, wore out the chick on the phone who had zero answers for me as well, simply telling me over and over again to refer to the terms and conditions on the website. All i wanted was an answer for why she's saying i have exceeded my data usage when I pay for and use the $45 unlimited everything card. No answer.

I refused to hang up or be transferred to a machine until i spoke with the office supervisor, who also wound up saying the same stuff to me over again. When he realized I wasnt going to let him off the hook without a resolution, he also hung up on me, lol.

New to this, can someone tell me if this phone is junk now or not? I see the screens you've posted for apn changes and so on, but when i go to that section of my phone, nothing is highlighted. Everything is out and I can't adjust or change anything there. Solution?

Thx,

Well, at least now I know I am not the only one they hang up on! LOL

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mine was working for about 2 months then it stopped all of a sudden what do i do to fix it

ROM
    froyo2.2.1 stock gb2.3.6

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! JOE BLACK , you put the peices together nicely done. This work on my Infuse JB4.2.2. reboot - reboot - reboot . I found this CODE to see the phones information (dial *#*#INFO#*#* in the dialer). I hope this will help TWEAKERs.

samsung infuse 4g / 3g
    baseband 1997UCLB3

Apparently the 'SIMPLE' solution is just removing port assignments from Straight Talks suggested APN.
    (android 4.0)
    Name: (Does not matter)
    APN: tfdata
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not Set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC:
    MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    MMS port: Not set
    MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: Not set
    APN type: Not set (if you don't have another APN it doesn't matter, if you do insert 'default,supl,mms')
    (following is on Android 4.X and above)
    APN protocol: IPv4
    APN roaming protocol: IPv4
    Bearer: Unspecified
    MVNO type: Non

REBOOT!

I canT get my phone to get Internet or picture messages. I just set it up for straight talk. It's a AT&T fusion 2. Can somebody please help me

I have a Fusion 2 unlocked for ST. I am unable to send or recieve MMS, also I don't think 3G is working? It is lit up white.
    APN settings are
    NAME- STRAIGHT_TALK
    APN- tfdata
    MMSC- mms3.tracfone.com
    MMS port- 80
    MCC-310
    MNC-410
    IP Version- IPv4
    APN type- tfdata

This is per ST website. What do I need to change? Please help!

^^^ take out the underscore

Does anyone else not have a plus key on their keyboard anywhere? I can't find it to enter the internet + mms + settings recommended. (Galaxy Note AT&T edition of n7000, which is SGH i717)

I can't believe it, but this actually worked. Using two apn settings fixed it. I've tried hundreds of combos and searched hours through forums and was almost ready to give up. I have an unlocked att samsung galaxy note with straight talk, and everything works perfectly.

if your running the updated os, push the sym key and itll be there.

I have an HTC EVO 4G. I recently brought my phone from Sprint over to Straight Talk. Everything went smoothly other than I cannot send MMS, although, I can receive them. Are there any suggestions as to what I can do??? I have updated my PRL and profile several times. I have looked for my APN settings but to no avail have I found them. Any help would be appreciated....

I purchased an unlocked Galaxy Note 2. I love the phone, and I purchased a sim card via straight talk, ATT compatible. I adjusted the apn settings as per straight talks instructions. My only issue is that I cannot receive photos via text messaging. I can send them perfectly, but can't receive. Part of the reason for getting this big quality phone, beyond saving money, was to view photos that have been sent to me. PS I can send and receive photos via email on the phone, without issue. Please help!!!!

I had the same problem. Try dowloading "Go SMS Pro" from the Google Play Store. It's FREE and fixed my picture problems on my Pantech Burst 9070 and my wife's Samsung Captivate Glide I927. I spent LOTS of time trying every APN setting I could find on the net. Turns out that the recommended APN settings and Go SMS Pro fixed it for me. Good luck!

I've got a Samsung galaxy s3 from at&t using a sim card from straight talk I have internet an can send pics but when people send me pics it just says download but wont let me download them please help!

Someone plz help me!! I had an iPhone 4 that I used with straight talk...when I broke it about two weeks ago I bought this new straight talk phone and just transferred everything over, its called like a ZTE or something? Two days later after I threw away the receipt I realized I can't get messages from I phones and it was to late to return it I think I've tried all the APN stuff mentioned on these posts and nothing seems to work (also im not a very techy person so I can't figure it out on my own) and when I call customer service they just make me angry because they can't help me after hours on the phone...does anyone know anything else I could do because I would really hate to have to buy another phone
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234