Straight Talk MMS problems

softballmadness

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Andrew when you say a SEPARATE APN what do you mean? On my Samsung S2 it was given to me and used with AT&T, All i did was add the new Straight Talk APN rebboted and I get to go online but When I receive a MMS Text all I get is a blank text saying DOWNLOADING and nothing else. What do you mean by Separate APN? I was on the Straight talk website but cannot find anything about this. Do I just ad another APN and call it MMS with all the same Straight Talk settings? Thanks for your Help.

jdesselle

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey Andrew when you say a SEPARATE APN what do you mean? On my Samsung S2 it was given to me and used with AT&T, All i did was add the new Straight Talk APN rebboted and I get to go online but When I receive a MMS Text all I get is a blank text saying DOWNLOADING and nothing else. What do you mean by Separate APN? I was on the Straight talk website but cannot find anything about this. Do I just ad another APN and call it MMS with all the same Straight Talk settings? Thanks for your Help.

having the same issue

Freeman2120

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
i have a samsung galaxy skyrocket and i cant get any picture messages but i can send them i have been dealing with ST for 2 weeks and trying different apn settings online with no luck. the only thing i can think might be the problem is i cant put in a custom apn juss internet+MMS can anyone help me out please

Johnna Brandon

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem, called st and all I could be told was I reached my data cap, as much I tried to keep telling this chick that I could still use the net JUST FINE she had to keep repeating that id cap sized. well after much research and 50 different apns I got one that worked! APN: Att.mvno. Proxy : proxy.mvno.tracfone.com. Port: 80. MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com. MMS proxy; 66.209.11.33. mms port: 80. MCC 310 MNC 410. Authentication type: PAP or CHAP. APN type: internet+mms+supl. apn protocol ipv4, TADA! worked for me instantly . hope this helps!

Sammantha Ray

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok so after not being able to receive pics and not being able to get on the Internet without wifi. I thought I had tried everything so I downloaded from google play h20 then went into setting and turned on use packet data option and all my messages started to work.:)

carmelie1971

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have not had any data. I have straight talk and using a att samsung note. Does anyone have the apn settings? I have set up the apn settings and changed them too and still no luck. I can send texts and make phone calls. Under the mobile network settings am I supposed to keep the boxed check marked on use packet data. Can someone help?

Confusha

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Infuse and am having the same problem. Tried all kinds of APN's and nothing works. All different APN's are accepeted but when i change the MNC from the 260 that is already there to the 410 that everyone is recommending and it hit SAVE APN, it erases the whole new APN. It only happens when i change that MNC number. Either way no APN is working. This is the most recent forum and up to date threads ive found. If anyone gets anywhere please advise me.

Confusha

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
So as i said i tried all apn's with no luck. Tonight i did some more digging and coincidentally I ran in to a thread that talked about my DATA NETWORK MODE being ON, on my Infuse when i hold the button on the left side top, it gives me an option to turn Data Network Mode ON or OFF, mine was OFF the whole time. I turned it back on, tried a few apn's with no luck but RE-Tried downloading TWEAKKER and using IT and so far my internet and mms are working. Im still at home so tomorrow after being out and about i will get back with a report on how its working elsewhere....now on to my gf's Iphone 3GS lol

redbaby8459

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I got a note 2 and put in all the settings, I can receive the picture messages but can not send them. my settings don't say anything about an apn type. It asks for the proxy address, proxy port, proxy user name and password, then it goes into primary dns, secondary dns, ip address, and subnet mask. I can go on the internet but when I go to open certain things it says there's not enough memory to open it??? I also cannot get into the app store. please help, getting frustrated with a headache

bnbowman

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Can someone PLEASE help me. I am trying to set the APN on a Samsung Infuse and I have tried EVERYTHING in this post. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
People, this is the Google Galaxy Nexus forum. If you want help with other devices I suggest you post in the forum for your device. Nexus devices are pure Android. They do not contain any manufacturer skins or other changes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463