Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by temotoren View Post
    I got the secure element problem after flashing a rom. So now i have money from sprint sitting in the cloud. I could go to CVS and buy an amazon giftcard but, my secure element is broken or whatever.
    I was just thinking about this and as upset as I was about Google Wallet a few comments back, I'm really pulling for Google Wallet to maybe do some kind of massive ad campaign to raise awareness of NFC enabled devices.
    Try going into settings/applications/ and find Wallet Google app, then delete data, when you open up the Wallet app you'll have to sign in again, should do the trick.
    Well, I'm planning on walking into CVS today and see what happens with this app, since getting my monies back will seemingly take weeks I think I will point my efforts into making this thing work, let's see what happens. :rolleyes:

Sent from my GneX via Tapatalk

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Default Re: Google wallet

Quote Originally Posted by Chex313 View Post
    Wow your better person then I am. I would have told him to either arrest me for a crime or kiss off! Let me eat my food in piece! You did get a receipt right? All the info is right on it...
    Yes I did get a receipt.

I have learned that with the Police especially, but it applies to any empowered person giving them the feeling of being in control seems to prevent issues from escalating.

Honestly, the Officer that was dispatched is known (locally within the town) to be the type who wants his authority respected and in my estimation would not have taken kindly to being told to take a hike.

Thus, I stayed calm, cool and collected, giving him the needed info to ensure that he understood exactly what transpired and could advocate on my behalf instead of simply assuming that I was a hacker.

Dan

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Tried to use it at McDonalds last night and their stupid paypass reader would read my phone. However the employee didn't see anything wrong with me tyring to use my phone to pay....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

To find places that take my Google Wallet, I use an app called PayPass Locator. While I know MickyD's and CVS use it, it also shows me other places I might not of thought of. If I travel, it is nice to have, by showing what is near me. It will also filter by type of establishment.

My biggest frustration is that there are not more places that use the technology yet.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I used it at CVS with no problems in fact the workers were amazed

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    I used it at CVS with no problems in fact the workers were amazed

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Same here, its been hit and miss so far. Two hits (McyD's and CVS) and one miss (Food 4 Less), I'm not to upset about it anymore as I'm using an app (XDA FORUMS) not made for the Galaxy Nexus LTE. In fact Verizon was/is against Google Wallet being on their Nexus phones where Sprint is open arms for the Google Wallet app. So I'll take what I can get for now, just won't be loading it with $100 next time.

Sent from my GneX via Tapatalk

I have used GW a few times at BJ's and everything went fine. That is, until I returned some items. The store receipt shows a MasterCard ending in "1234" (not the actual numbers) was charged in the original purchase. When I returned a few items, the store clerk said that the refunded amount would be automatically reflected in the MasterCard ending in "1234".

A week passed and I have not seen the refund transaction anywhere. I looked at all my valid payment cards that I have registered in GW (a prepaid GW virtual MasterCard, my own Visa and my own MasterCard. The problem I think is that none of the payment cards' assigned virtual numbers matched the one in the BJ's receipt (ending in "1234") !!!

I have contacted GW Help Center (within the Google Wallet site) via email explaining the whole situation last week but I haven't gotten a reply yet. (The site says that it usually takes them 1 business day to reply).

I just sent a follow-up email tonight. I wonder where my refunded amounts are going?
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.4.3 Stock

Pretty sad state of affairs when it comes to retailers training their employees. I'm amazed at how someone can work at a place and not have a clue about the point-of-sale system that they use daily. That's like driving a car every day and not knowing how to refuel it. Hmmm, these retailers are trusting these clueless employees to handle financial transactions at their points of sale?

Granted, the technology is relatively new in the U.S., but we're not talking rocket science here.
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Yeah I feel u its not that complicated to understand but they be looking either amazed or confused lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Plus the update allows u to use any card

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Pretty sad state of affairs when it comes to retailers training their employees. I'm amazed at how someone can work at a place and not have a clue about the point-of-sale system that they use daily. That's like driving a car every day and not knowing how to refuel it. Hmmm, these retailers are trusting these clueless employees to handle financial transactions at their points of sale?

Granted, the technology is relatively new in the U.S., but we're not talking rocket science here.
    i think employees are just as clueless as we are about what actual places accept NFC payments.

yes, their employees are clueless that it's a legal & viable payment process, but we're no more in-the-loop about which businesses accept it than the employee of those places.
    (for instance, Wendys in my area also accepts NFC payments--but i've never seen one mention of it in any forum)

but, i honestly do understand your point.

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by project.in.process View Post
    i think employees are just as clueless as we are about what actual places accept NFC payments.

yes, their employees are clueless that it's a legal & viable payment process, but we're no more in-the-loop about which businesses accept it than the employee of those places.
    (for instance, Wendys in my area also accepts NFC payments--but i've never seen one mention of it in any forum)

but, i honestly do understand your point.
    Sadly, I know most of the places around me that accept Google Wallet (or say they do). It translates into McDonalds, the ING Cafe near me & one BP gas station. Haven't had the gas station reader work once yet though
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.4.3 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by smccloud View Post
    Sadly, I know most of the places around me that accept Google Wallet (or say they do). It translates into McDonalds, the ING Cafe near me & one BP gas station. Haven't had the gas station reader work once yet though
    There are quite a few places around me that have PayPass terminals. The trick is getting the cashiers to recognize what is happening when you use the terminal. It will take time, patience, and training. Right now, there aren't that many people sporting NFC-enabled phones, and not everyone that has one is actually using that feature. So it's no surprise that cashiers are caught by surprise when they see someone actually use the feature.

If it had the advertising behind it similar to what Exxon did with their SpeedPass keychains years ago, or the EZ-Pass toll system, then people would be more aware of it. As it stands now, only folks that frequent these boards even know what NFC stands for (in this context). If you ask most folks, they'll say "National Football Conference?". (And that's only if they have a clue about football.)

For a "first-world" country, the U.S. is so far behind the times, when it comes to general use of these "new" technologies. Oh well. It will catch on... eventually.
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5
    JkdJedi likes this.

I used Google Wallet for the first time today at a 7-11 and holy crap!!! It's so fast! My friend came to see it in action and was instantly jealous (he has an IPHONE 4S) I can't wait to use it again lol.
    JkdJedi likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Yeah my girl Cuz was jealous too when she saw me use it at the bp lol

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

The employee that rang me up at McDonald's today thought it was cool as hell (her words, not mine) that I could pay with my phone.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10+Trinity

I use it when every I can. Half the time the cashier goes and gets the manager. Since they have no idea what's going on

ROM
    3.0.8-gda6252

I was wondering when and if Google Wallet will be coming to Australia. We haven't got that nor Google Music as an online cloud like in America.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by DroidDavi View Post
    I use it when every I can. Half the time the cashier goes and gets the manager. Since they have no idea what's going on

Yup, got yelled at by the manager of a Chevron gas station for trying to use my phone to purchase gas once, the cashier looks at me and says " What was that" !? And I tell her " Back to the future baby". She didn't like that and brings the manager up who says I can't use my phone because its not one of them plastic NFC enabled cards..... o_O what a dumb ***.

Tapatalk sent from the future.
    Last edited by JkdJedi; 09-05-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10+Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    Yup, got yelled at by the manager of a Chevron gas station for trying to use my phone to purchase gas once, the cashier looks at me and says " What was that" !? And I tell her " Back to the future baby". She didn't like that and brings the manager up who says I can't use my phone because its not one of them plastic NFC enabled cards..... o_O what a dumb ***.

Tapatalk sent from the future.
    Lol

Zee

Global Posts
    633 Global Posts

Question about Google Wallet coming from a guy in Canada. So we're not allowed to use Wallet up here, we can't even install it on our phones, and I was wondering why? I have a Google Wallet account because I need one to purchase stuff from the Play Store, and my credit card is hooked up to it, why on earth can't we use it at retailers up here? I saw a video of a guy using Google Wallet at a Tim Horton's in Toronto with the pay-pass system, and it works.
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.4.3 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
    Question about Google Wallet coming from a guy in Canada. So we're not allowed to use Wallet up here, we can't even install it on our phones, and I was wondering why? I have a Google Wallet account because I need one to purchase stuff from the Play Store, and my credit card is hooked up to it, why on earth can't we use it at retailers up here? I saw a video of a guy using Google Wallet at a Tim Horton's in Toronto with the pay-pass system, and it works.
    I really don't know. Probably has something to do with regulatory approval across international lines. Or maybe taxes, fees, or something related.
    --Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android Jelly Bean

I've only used Google Wallet NFC to pay a couple of times at McDonald's. Both times, the cashier didn't seem spooked by it. But then again, I do live in a college town and they probably see it happen a lot.

But I don't know...it seems like more of a gee-whiz feature than anything else because most of the time, it's just as easy to whip out the debit card and enter my pin. In terms of embracing the nerdiness of NFC, I think NFC tags are far more entertaining.

I used it at 7-eleven and cashiers was astonished
    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    JkdJedi likes this.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Just started using it, also went to burger king and started using their app, however it uses a barcode scanner ad a pay account. The Wallet is better, but it's still neat.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast