12-02-2012 06:36 AM
- Insp_GadgetInspector Gadget
If you have put a PIN on the app, you'll have to enter it before the transaction will show up. (If you like, you can open Wallet yourself and enter your PIN while in line, prior to getting to the front of the line, to expedite things.)11-27-2012 09:11 PM
- JkdJediAndroid EnthusiastIt can get nerve racking at first, for me it was, wondering if it will work, will they except it or not, not the best of experiences this Google Wallet thing. I gave up on it. Just handing cash over or swiping the card is so much simpler, today anyways. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but I'm living for today, because tomorrow may never come.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 211-27-2012 09:59 PM
- So I walk into Chevron to get some gas, see the pay pass on top of the register and think cool. Run my phone across it and it clears with no hiccups. The girl looks at me like I just hacked into their system saying "what was that, what did you do" !?!? I'm smiling and tell her "back to the future"! She starts looking around and searches for the manager and their looking at me like I'm trying to rob them, he then tells me " we can't except that payment" and I'm beside myself now asking the dude "then what's all this pay pass deal doing on top of your register if your not excepting pay pass"!!! He yells back saying that only cards with the pay pass can be used there and I'm looking at him thinking what a dumb %uck! By then I notice a line forming behind me and the guy behind me just shrugs his shoulders and says " There're not up with the times", that calmed me down and I could just only laugh then, payed with cash and walked out shaking my head. Oh well, I'm shopping more often at MacDonald s now cause they serve you with a smile and oh yea, they except Google Wallet! : D
Sent from my GneX via TapatalkI tried Google Wallet for the first time yesterday at a McDs near me and the Mgr was a total jerk about the whole thing.
I placed my phone on the receiver end (not sure of the proper term) of the CC machine and my phone said sent or something like that. He then asked what I was doing and I explained I am using Google wallet to pay for my Large Diet Coke and a Yogurt Parfait, "well it looks like to me you are hacking the system". I assured him that I was doing no such thing and that it was completely legal and indeed a receipt came out of the register which he handed me.
I was given my order and I sat down to eat, about 5 minutes later a Police Officer comes over to me and asks to speak with me for a moment. He asks to see my phone and wants to know if I had modified it in any way as the Mgr said I somehow hacked his system. I explain that it is completely stock as I purchased it from Google and that Google (not me) included this piece of software Google Wallet and technology called NFC which allows me to use my phone like a CC to pay for item that accept MasterCard PayPass.
The Officer seemed unsure of the entire thing and asked again if I had modified the phone in any way, to which I again said no. I said, look, use your iPhone (which I saw on his belt) and go to Google and search for Google Wallet. Added to that since I had used my Citi MasterCard to pay for the purchase I offered to call Citi and have them speak with the Office and state they see a transaction from McD for the place and time of the transaction, I had nothing to hide and was willing to cooperate.
The Office did use his iPhone and did search for Google Wallet and went and spoke with the McD manager and after a few minutes came back to me and said that he explained to the Mgr that it seemed legitimate, but that in the future the Mgr would prefer that I pay with Cash or a physical CC, not my phone.
So, just be careful some people do not like the idea just yet and might like my experience call the Police to investigate.
DanYup, got yelled at by the manager of a Chevron gas station for trying to use my phone to purchase gas once, the cashier looks at me and says " What was that" !? And I tell her " Back to the future baby". She didn't like that and brings the manager up who says I can't use my phone because its not one of them plastic NFC enabled cards..... o_O what a dumb ***.
Tapatalk sent from the future.
Motorola Photon 4G11-28-2012 09:24 PM
- I'm one for two using Google Wallet. My first attempt was at CVS and it didn't work. I am not sure if it was me or if it was the scanner. My next attempt was at Riteaid and it took a couple of attempts but it went through. The girl behind the counter was surprised but said that is cool when I told her I paid with my cell phone.11-30-2012 09:08 PM
- I would like to try Wallet, but I have my phone unlocked and rooted, even though it is stock JB. After being on phone with support I find that Wallet will not work on unlocked phone. Has anybody figured a work-around? I like the expanded capabilities of things like my launcher, etc. that need root access.12-01-2012 03:55 PM
- I would like to try Wallet, but I have my phone unlocked and rooted, even though it is stock JB. After being on phone with support I find that Wallet will not work on unlocked phone. Has anybody figured a work-around? I like the expanded capabilities of things like my launcher, etc. that need root access.12-01-2012 10:17 PM
- It has been some time since I tried this and ended up calling support. Since then Wallet has been updated. Now when I go through Setup, I get this alert at the top/pulldown:"ALERT - Unsupported device, Learn more - Some users may disable important security mechanisms in order to gain system level "root" access to their device. We strongly discourage doing so if you plan to use Google Wallet. We are unable to support devices with unauthorized operating systems as the security layers of the device may be limited"It is interesting however that I ignored the pull-down and continued to set up my PayPal Master Card debit card. The setup continued as if it is properly set up, so I will give it a try again when I am at a supported check-out, and post again to let everyone know the result.12-02-2012 06:36 AM
- Google Hardware, Services & Apps
- More Google Devices & Services
- Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD