Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ry
  • 1 Post By multo
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Car Charger & Accessory Questions

Just ordered G Nex from Play Store. Read through some threads and still have questions.

I have a NX4G, will my car charger work with this phone? If not, where is the best place to find one? Looked at Expansys and they only have 1 car charger with a terrible rating. I've also seen Ebay as a place to buy, looking for the best place to order.

Is this phone the i9250? A little confused about that. Thanks in advance.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Car Charger & Accessory Questions

I know, a stupid & frequently asked question, but I need clarification.

I do a lot of research on new phones, been looking for one for my wife, got her an HTC One X. Nice phone, great for her - she's coming off an HTC Sense phone so kinda used to it. But for me, it reinforced my decision to go stock and hit the Play Store. I did no research on it.

From what I can tell, it uses a micro USB and in addition a 3 pin charger. Think my NS4G has the same micro USB? If not it looks like it will be easy to find locally, correct? And I can easily find a car charger with USB and that should work as well, right? I constantly use a car charger so need to be prepared.

Seems as if there will be no 3 pin charger made for car, I can understand that since it looks like the power button is on the same side as the 3 pin. Not functional for a car. I did see the desk dock they made for it, not sure if that's for me.

And, as a side note, I ordered this phone about 4 hours ago, an email notification just popped up telling me the phone has been shipped. Cool!
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,745 Global Posts

Any micro USB charger should work fine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    mooechili likes this.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Any micro USB charger WILL work fine.

The three electrical contacts are for docks, none of which is officially for sale in the U.S. at this time.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah, thank you. Stupid question, guess I'm used to the older phones that always changed charger type every new phone back in the day. First for us, we each just got a new phone and can use the same charger! The chargers I had for NS4G obviously work well.

Also ordered the desktop charger, on back order..that looks cool. I was wondering, does the 3 pin charger charge as well as the micro USB? Would be nice to have a 3 pin charger for the car if it does charge well.

Now just trying to find a case. Have a Seidio Active X on old phone and that has been my favorite of any I've had. Been searching here on the forum and online, went out today and found a Defender. Bought it, traveled a couple of miles with it and couldn't wait to get back to Radio Shack and take that brick off! Don't even know why I walked out of the store with it in the first place.

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

This may be a late response but i'll do it anyway. My samsung orig car charger on my Nexus S works well on my Gnex. For cases, I prefer the thin tpu as i'm using an extended battery. So far i've the sgp ultra capsule, diztronic rev 3, mercury and capdase soft xpose2. All work well

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    LG Nexus 4 E960 Occam 44.2.2 JDQ39 / Nokia Lumia 920 / Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 Takju 4.2.2 JDQ39 / Asus Google Nexus 7 4.2.2 JDQ39
    mooechili likes this.