Which IMEI number to give AT&T?
05-18-2012 09:23 AM
- Just got a Gnex from the Google Play store. Had to get a new sim. I understand that, when I activate the sim, if I give AT&T the actual IMEI from the Gnex, it will not show up as a smartphone. If I just give them the IMEI for my wife's AT&T Galaxy S2 instead, will this work? Or will that result in her getting kicked off of her data plan?
Thoughts/suggestions appreciated.05-16-2012 01:26 PM
- you don't need to give AT&T your imei...
i'm using my iphone 4S sim in my galaxy nexus, no issues, everything works after just popping it in...
tell them you want a sim, but haven't bought the device yet... at&t doesn't need to know your business...05-16-2012 01:59 PMLike 1
- Can't answer for ATT, but when I went to T-Mo to get a SIM, there wasn't any info to give them other than personal details (name, address etc etc) and to be sure they put the data plan on the account.
I *then* went to best buy and bought the Nexus S outright and without service. Dropped the SIM and and off I went. There was something they forgot to do because data didn't work ... called support and told them I had a smartphone and they flipped some switch. But other than that, no issue.
Got my GNex and just moved the SIM over. Didn't tell anybody - except the wife as I figured she'd want to know what the large credit card bill was, lol05-16-2012 04:46 PM
- 05-16-2012 06:59 PM
- I'm not to sure about just putting my AT&T Sim in my new nexus, I have a Sony Neo V and I have a 3gb Data plan with AT&T and had to manually set the APN like 5 different ways before I could get data, AT&T wasn't any help, had to Google it to get the right APN settings, I hope that isn't the case with the G nexus. I guess I can just put my sim card in and try it, it was a real pain trying to find and set the correct APN settings on the Sony. Anyone else with a Google purchased Nexus have to screw with their APN settings?05-17-2012 08:35 AM
- Like many others here, mine just simply worked right away. I have AT&T. I just bought the Nexus, popped in my SIM card when the device arrived at my doorstep, and I can make calls and have data and everything. Not sure why some people have to alter APN's; there must be some variable that's changing between us all here, but I don't know what it is.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums05-17-2012 01:42 PM
- After returning my HOX yesterday, and my data plan was actually dropped. Called in and gave them the IMEI of my nexus and the only data plan they could add to my account was the 3g smartphone unlimited. My speed have been cut in half so I'm sure I need another IMEI to give them
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums05-17-2012 02:00 PM
- After returning my HOX yesterday, and my data plan was actually dropped. Called in and gave them the IMEI of my nexus and the only data plan they could add to my account was the 3g smartphone unlimited. My speed have been cut in half so I'm sure I need another IMEI to give them05-18-2012 08:55 AM
Still, your post is not correct.05-18-2012 09:23 AM
- Google Hardware, Services & Apps
- More Google Devices & Services
- Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Which IMEI number to give AT&T?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD