Is GS2 better than a Nexus ?

imadboitru

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S2 on t-mobile and I'm really unhappy with it and T-mobile won't let me exchange it so I put it on craigslist , should I get the GNEX?

Centinel

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't comment on the problems you're having with the S2, but the Nexus is a great value. $400 gets you direct support from Google, a nice selection of high-end features like 720p screen and software-based buttons, and the ability to go to any GSM carrier.

In all, I think the Nexus is less about specs and more about the experience. It's pretty cool having a phone that's meant to be played around with.

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
That really sucks man I have had great luck with call quility I came from iPhone land and this phone is leaps and bounds better in the. Call quility department u might have a faulty phone possibly u could try getting a exchange unit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
But then again we're on different carriers so I guess that's like comparing apples and oranges

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
The nexus is newer (if your talking about the Galaxy Nexus) so I think it is better.

Sent from my XT875 using Android Central Forums

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Very subjective question. I had the galaxy s (1) and I didn't like it due to poor battery life and it crashed sometimes, and some apps didn't work on it.... I had the galaxy s (2) and it was much better. The battery life on it was still a concern and apps sometimes would crash.... I now have the nexus and apps do not crash!! It is heavier and larger, but it also follows the new layout standard that Google is pushing, which I like very much. Everything feels much more intuitive.
What tilted me to the nexus, 1) you don't need to install a custom from to get stability and good battery life, and 2) it gets updates the quickest.
People will tell you the screen isn't as great and the S2 has a better camera. This is true, but the camera is better than that of the s1 and the screen is still very good. In sum, for hardware, the S2 wins, but for software the nexus wins.
In all honesty, the s2 probably won't get an update past android 4.0... Samsung has shown that if an OS isn't released by Google with 12 months of the release of their phones, then they wont implement the update. The nexus line gets 18months....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2