Poll: Who's running Stock, Stock Rooted, Rooted w/ Custom Rom

Are you running Stock, Stock Rooted or Stock Custom Rom and Why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey whats everybody.....

I just got me a GooglePlay Store Version Unlocked Galaxy Nexus running it on Straight Talk and so far I'm loving it. I'm running it stock rooted, just so I can run some of the apps that require root.

So my question to all of you is are you running stock, stock rooted or a rooted custom rom and why.

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Total stock now but very, very curious about the benefits of rooting and flashing a custom rom.

"That which thy fathers bequeathed thee. Earn it anew if thou would'st possess it." -Lady Margaret Thatcher quoting an unknown poet.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Stock, and rooted. Custom ROMs down the road, right now just playing around with different basebands. (Sadly the one I just installed doesn't seem to be playing nicely!)

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Rooted. Stock ROM + Franco Milestone 3 kernel. Battery life has improved quite a bit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Stock but installed adb and fastboot drivers (no boot unlock or root) today so maybe later another rom. I'm trying to stay with stock as long as I can because I think it does 95% of what I want this way.

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently rooted running Android Revolution 4.0.1. It's just like stock, but supposedly optimized for battery life and performance. I'm most likely going to end up flashing a different ROM over the weekend such as Apex or Gummy.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Stock & Rooted no custom ROM, This is probably the first Android phone that I have not felt that I needed to run a custom ROM to be happy with it :)

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, I won't add another vote to the poll, but since my last post I've gone with AOKP's latest ROM (Build 37) and Franco's kernel. Thinking I'll swap basebands again, it seemed to help with reception somewhat.

codejinchu

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Just got my from the Google play a few days ago and I decided to stay with stock for the time being. I came from a captivate with custom rom but the ice cream sandwich is new enough that I'll leave it alone for now. I love the android keyboard, don't know if it hardware or software but I buttery smooth like the iPhone.

e2ackbar

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
For now, I'm running stock without root. It works for me, and though I might root it later since the phone is unlocked.

dadymon

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Stock. Waiting for ATT to get their act together and approve ics. Going on 3 weeks since getting my note and new to android (coming from blackberry), not impressed with the leaked roms that are out. I may take the rom plunge in the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12