Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    PAC757's Avatar

    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

    Default Getting email from BugMailer what is that?

    Yesterday I received 2 emails in my Gmail account that appeared come from myself, said sent from BugMailer had 2 files attached one was a shoot but all it was, was a picture of my lock screen, the other attachment was a really big doc file (3.6 mb) with nothing I could understand, didn't show anything but pages of what appears to be just phone information and a whole lot of stuff I have no clue what any of it means. Anyone else ever get one of these emails, and if so, do you know what it means? Phone is acting fine, no problems. For reference, here's my setup: Google play store nexus, stock 4.04, IMM76l, unlocked bootloader, rooted, flashed UGLC1 baseband, SetCpu set to 700, no custom ROM, nothing else.
  2. #2  
    blweldon2's Avatar

    Posts
    166 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Might just be spam messages. Or an app on your phone. Either way it sounds like spam.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    PAC757's Avatar

    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blweldon2 View Post
    Might just be spam messages. Or an app on your phone. Either way it sounds like spam.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    If that was Spam, that's a little scary, one file was an actual screen shot of my lock screen, an looking through the doc file it had all my phone information, carrier, build name and number, radio baseband, time awake, pretty much everything you see in about phone and status under settings.
  4. #4  
    Chex313's Avatar

    Posts
    518 Posts
    Global Posts
    527 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

    Default Re: Getting email from BugMailer what is that?

    It is part of the phone not an outside thing according to a Thread at xda. A rename of the file should help.

    BugMailer..? SOLVED / ANSWERED - xda-developers
    N5 Black 32GB 4.4.2(I love this thing!!), N4 (4.4.2), iphone 5, etc., N7(4.4.2) AT&T(2 Unlimited Plan's) The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    PAC757's Avatar

    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

    Default Re: Getting email from BugMailer what is that?

    @ Chex313
    Thanks
  6. #6  

    Default me too.

    I need help I am so annoyed
    Quote Originally Posted by PAC757 View Post
    Yesterday I received 2 emails in my Gmail account that appeared come from myself, said sent from BugMailer had 2 files attached one was a shoot but all it was, was a picture of my lock screen, the other attachment was
    a really big doc file (3.6 mb) with nothing I could understand, didn't show anything but pages of what appears to be just phone information and a whole lot of stuff I have no clue what any of it means. Anyone else ever get one of these emails, and if so, do you know what it means? Phone is acting fine, no problems. For reference, here's my setup: Google play store nexus, stock 4.04, IMM76l, unlocked bootloader, rooted, flashed UGLC1 baseband, SetCpu set to 700, no custom ROM, nothing else.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Getting email from BugMailer what is that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chex313 View Post
    It is part of the phone not an outside thing according to a Thread at xda. A rename of the file should help.

    BugMailer..? SOLVED / ANSWERED - xda-developers
    On that over thread it was asked TWO times if it can just be deleted instead of renamed. I would like to know as well!

    - Thanks
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Getting email from BugMailer what is that?

    Quote Originally Posted by rioricorick View Post
    On that over thread it was asked TWO times if it can just be deleted instead of renamed. I would like to know as well!

    - Thanks
    Renaming it makes it invisible to the system, so if you want to delete it go ahead - same end result. Renaming is just recommended in situations like this to make it easy to restore whatever it is you're modifying.
  9. #9  

    Thumbs down Re: Getting email from BugMailer what is that?

    I am so glad that I found this site and ur guys r getting the same f,,,,,,,, bug mailer. My boyfriend has asked me to marry him but for the last eight months EVERY DAY he is getting an email from bug mailer I thought it was someone he was involved with and we have faught over it many times him saying he has no idea who it is! F....... WHAT a waste of our valuable time we could have had together F..... this computer sh..T
    Signing off all this futuristic B... S....T
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Getting email from BugMailer what is that?

    I am so glad that I found this site and ur guys r getting the same f,,,,,,,, bug mailer. My boyfriend has asked me to marry him but for the last eight months EVERY DAY he is getting an email from bug mailer I thought it was someone he was involved with and we have faught over it many times him saying he has no idea who it is! F....... WHAT a waste of our valuable time we could have had together F..... this computer sh..T
    Signing off all this futuristic B... S....T
  11. #11  
    KlineAJ's Avatar

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Getting email from BugMailer what is that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Romanelli View Post
    I am so glad that I found this site and ur guys r getting the same f,,,,,,,, bug mailer. My boyfriend has asked me to marry him but for the last eight months EVERY DAY he is getting an email from bug mailer I thought it was someone he was involved with and we have faught over it many times him saying he has no idea who it is! F....... WHAT a waste of our valuable time we could have had together F..... this computer sh..T
    Signing off all this futuristic B... S....T
    And you came to that conclusion over an email...?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  
    Insp_Gadget's Avatar
    Inspector Gadget

    Posts
    580 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.4.3 Stock

    Default Re: Getting email from BugMailer what is that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Romanelli View Post
    I am so glad that I found this site and ur guys r getting the same f,,,,,,,, bug mailer. My boyfriend has asked me to marry him but for the last eight months EVERY DAY he is getting an email from bug mailer I thought it was someone he was involved with and we have faught over it many times him saying he has no idea who it is! F....... WHAT a waste of our valuable time we could have had together F..... this computer sh..T
    Signing off all this futuristic B... S....T
    Technology isn't to blame for your past arguments. A lack of communication and trust is the real problem. People always want to blame things they don't understand for their troubles. Seems to me that you owe your boyfriend an apology.

    Good luck to you both.
    --Inspector Gadget

    Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5

Posting Permissions