Does anyone else have this problem with the headphone jack?

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had several Galaxy Nexuses, and they've all had this problem.

I use the OEM headphones to listen to music. They always cause a small scratch right above the headphone jack's top-left corner. It's always in the same place, and the scratch always looks the same.

Has anyone else had this same problem?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issues with my Nexus when talking on the phone :banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I mean, it isn't anything that will make me stop using the Nexus, but what in the world could be causing this? I checked my headphones, and there aren't any sharp edges that could be scratching the phone.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking that the paint used may not be the highest quality. I've just noticed that it scratches very easily, and then it chips there (and maybe a bit along the USB port)

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
This might sound ridiculous, but is there such thing as smartphone touch-up paint?

I might look in to it.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking that the paint used may not be the highest quality. I've just noticed that it scratches very easily, and then it chips there (and maybe a bit along the USB port)

I find it funny that it's always the same chip in the paint in the exact same spot. I don't really have any scratches or chips by the USB port, and I recharge midday as well as at night because I'm a heavy user.

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used headphones with my Galaxy Nexus yet and now I'm not sure that I want to. Has anyone tried other headphones or does it only happen with the ones that come with the phone?

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used headphones with my Galaxy Nexus yet and now I'm not sure that I want to. Has anyone tried other headphones or does it only happen with the ones that come with the phone?

I use Shure headphones and I just checked the area around the jack input... it's fine. Must be the OEM headphones... I use the Shures twice daily on my bus commute...

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a set of Bose in-ear headphones I've been using. I DO see something right at the edge of the jack. However it's so small that just glancing at the phone, it's not visible. I have to hold it right up to my eye to see it. Therefore, I won't let it bother me.

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I used a pair of Koss headphones and didn't have any issues. I plugged them in a few times and looked around the headphone jack very thoroughly.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had 4 Galaxy Nexus phones and they all have the same scratch in the same area near the headphone jack. I only plug in a 3.5 cord to my car stereo and that scratches it within the first go at it. Just got my most recent Nexus on Friday and from about 5 minutes of listening to music in the car, scratch happened. I was bummed with the first two that it happened to but now I'm just use to the lack of quality in samsung builds. I love the Nexus and will always buy samsung nexus devices. Samsung is great for innovation but not so great with their cheap plastic builds.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly the same issue that I'm experiencing!

The OEM headphones are good enough for me, so there's no point in paying for new ones.

I just hope that the next Nexus has better build quality, or better headphones.

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yuck, the OEM headphones sound terrible. I pulled them out of the box and they looked great, tried them for 2 seconds and that was it! To the garbage can!