Difference between force GPU on and off

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It forces 2D hardware acceleration in older apps that aren't hardware accelerated. Sometimes it'll make older apps behave weird because they are not built for HW acceleration.

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried using the GPU rendering option and stopped after it caused issues with the built-in news and weather app. Like Cyber Warrior said, apps that aren't built for hardware acceleration may do funky things. When forcing GPU rendering, I didn't really see much difference. Twitter for Android was the only app that seemed to run faster that I noticed. Of course, your mileage may vary depending on the apps you use.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I agree, it varies with apps. I run with it on, simply because every app I use works fine with it and I do see some improvements in many of my apps.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
As I understand things as time progresses developers should up date their applications to take advantage of hardware acceleration.

Until that point and in cases where the developer has decided to cease maintenance of their application Google gave us the option to force all applications to run as if hardware acceleration was enabled by the developer natively.

As others have said it can cause certain applications to work improperly.

I do not enable force HW acceleration as it causes issues with two applications that I use heavily.

Dan

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza