galaxy nexus extreme data usage

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
So I've had my galaxy nexus that I bought from the Google play store for 3 days now. I'm using a t- mobile sim card in my phone. So far it says that I have used 230 mb of data. Around 80 mb have been to Skype and I have only made one 10 minute video call. 50 of it is to Facebook. And 50 of it was to YouTube even though I have done only one 5 minute video over "4g". Is it possible the data counter is taking into account wifi? I still can't imagine how I am using over 200 mb over 3 days. Also when I dialed #web#, T-Mobile also said I have used the same amount. Is this a problem with my phone? Or do I use more than I thought?

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So I've had my galaxy nexus that I bought from the Google play store for 3 days now. I'm using a t- mobile sim card in my phone. So far it says that I have used 230 mb of data. Around 80 mb have been to Skype and I have only made one 10 minute video call. 50 of it is to Facebook. And 50 of it was to YouTube even though I have done only one 5 minute video over "4g". Is it possible the data counter is taking into account wifi? I still can't imagine how I am using over 200 mb over 3 days. Also when I dialed #web#, T-Mobile also said I have used the same amount. Is this a problem with my phone? Or do I use more than I thought?

No. Its only showing data over network. But you do have the option under the settings tab in your data section to view or show your wifi data usage as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running LiquidSmooth 1.4 via Tapatalk.

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh. I didn't really know. But still, if I'm barely using YouTube and made only a 10 minute skype call, how could they be using that much data?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh. I didn't really know. But still, if I'm barely using YouTube and made only a 10 minute skype call, how could they be using that much data?

That's most likely it. Think of it as sending a munch of continuously streaming pictures.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running LiquidSmooth 1.4 via Tapatalk.

codejinchu

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Any video chat will drain your data quickly even if the resolution is low 320kb/s for 10 minutes will be 192mb.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Maybe see if you can set Skype to use wifi instead of mobile data. I am pretty sure Skype accounts for most of your data.

Sent from my GSM Nexus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech