My Beautiful Kitchen Device Charging Station

ItsDrew

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have a lot of devices that are always being used by my family, thus something is on the charger most of the time. I needed a way to set up a charging station but make it look good in my kitchen as well at easily accessible for my 5, 4, and 2 year old to get to. This is my solution:
The Rolltop Breadbox was made by the Amish in Ohio for a little over $100. I drilled a hole on the back and ta-da...a beautiful charging station in my kitchen.

I'd love to see pics your charging station.
Or if you can think of a way to improve my station, I'm open to ideas.

Thanks

Drew

IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3283.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

IMG_3287.jpg

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty slick! I like it!

The only thing I could suggest (either for yourself, or someone who wants to do something similar) would to make custom "nests" for your devices in the drawer areas. Use a hard foam (like the stuff used in custom gun and instrument cases). I don't know where you would go to track some down, but it is fairly easy to work with. Just needs to be about an inch or so thicker then your devices, and custom-cut each pocket out.
By using a foam "pocket" it would add an even more "custom" look to your already sweet charging station, and it would also give it a slightly more organized look as well.

Don't get me wrong however -- its an awesome idea as it is!