Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Default Non Rooted Custom Rom (I know its odd)

Hi Guys,
    I have a GSM Nexus in the UK and I love running custom ROMs. But I have some work related software (GOOD for Enterprise) that check for Root Access and disables the application.
    I do not need root but would like a custom ROM for extra tweaks etc.

So two questions really.

1. Can I unroot an existing custom ROM?

2. Does anyone know a ROM developer offering a non root version

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Russ

ROM
    Stock ICS

Default Re: Non Rooted Custom Rom (I know its odd)

Hide your root!

Strange question but I never see a rom that doesn't include root access, since they need it for most of there feature. you can fully unroot using supersu but depending on the rom you in you may break it. Try hide your root to see if it work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If you have a custom rom, and succeed in unrooting it, will you be stuck with that rom forever unless someone comes out with a root method for that specific rom?
    Dumbphones>Treo 650>Apache>Mogul>Raphael>Palm Pre>Samsung Epic 4g>Evo 4g>Epic 4g Touch>GSM Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy S3 + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by RussST24 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I have a GSM Nexus in the UK and I love running custom ROMs. But I have some work related software (GOOD for Enterprise) that check for Root Access and disables the application.
    I do not need root but would like a custom ROM for extra tweaks etc.

So two questions really.

1. Can I unroot an existing custom ROM?

2. Does anyone know a ROM developer offering a non root version

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Russ
    what root app are you using?? superuser or supersu? in the root apps settings you can enable/disable root(supersu) and in super user its called Temp unroot.

Cyanogenmod ROM provide an option in settings to enable/disable root in settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggnaa20 View Post
    If you have a custom rom, and succeed in unrooting it, will you be stuck with that rom forever unless someone comes out with a root method for that specific rom?
    Nope!! if its custom rom obviously the bootloader will be unlocked. all you have to do is flash the root zip file from recovery.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    Nope!! if its custom rom obviously the bootloader will be unlocked. all you have to do is flash the root zip file from recovery.
    Thanks! I never tried to rom without being rooted.
    Dumbphones>Treo 650>Apache>Mogul>Raphael>Palm Pre>Samsung Epic 4g>Evo 4g>Epic 4g Touch>GSM Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy S3 + Nexus 4