Non Rooted Custom Rom (I know its odd)

RussST24

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I have a GSM Nexus in the UK and I love running custom ROMs. But I have some work related software (GOOD for Enterprise) that check for Root Access and disables the application.
I do not need root but would like a custom ROM for extra tweaks etc.

So two questions really.

1. Can I unroot an existing custom ROM?

2. Does anyone know a ROM developer offering a non root version

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Russ

mastsh

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Strange question but I never see a rom that doesn't include root access, since they need it for most of there feature. you can fully unroot using supersu but depending on the rom you in you may break it. Try hide your root to see if it work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
If you have a custom rom, and succeed in unrooting it, will you be stuck with that rom forever unless someone comes out with a root method for that specific rom?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I have a GSM Nexus in the UK and I love running custom ROMs. But I have some work related software (GOOD for Enterprise) that check for Root Access and disables the application.
I do not need root but would like a custom ROM for extra tweaks etc.

So two questions really.

1. Can I unroot an existing custom ROM?

2. Does anyone know a ROM developer offering a non root version

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Russ

what root app are you using?? superuser or supersu? in the root apps settings you can enable/disable root(supersu) and in super user its called Temp unroot.

Cyanogenmod ROM provide an option in settings to enable/disable root in settings.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
If you have a custom rom, and succeed in unrooting it, will you be stuck with that rom forever unless someone comes out with a root method for that specific rom?

Nope!! if its custom rom obviously the bootloader will be unlocked. all you have to do is flash the root zip file from recovery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki