Injunction granted against the Galaxy Nexus

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Let's sue every electronic company for copying Alexander Graham Bell's idea off the telephone. Apple is so enclose and butt hurt that they can't innovate anything (siri, retina display)... Notice they didn't sue until Samsung became more popular than them. Samsung should not renew their contract on micro chips with Apple when it's up. They make 98% of chips in the world. The other 2% wouldn't be enough to meet supply and demand of the next pathetically obsolete Apple device

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
All I have to say. Capitalism. If your not better then the competition then change or fail. Ya can't just ban them from competing. Funny the government thinks Google has anti trust lawsuits but apple can ban a phone that clearly competes with it

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
A copy of the court's decision is attached. It's over 100 pages long and just started looking through it. Apple has to post close to a 100 million dollar bond to compensate Samsung in the event the injunction was wrongfully issued.

Exactly. So Samsung may not lose any money anyway.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
This is nonsense. I'm so mad right now. I already posted in the news article but i feel so helpless against something so.... SILLY. There's no word for it. i mean COME ON! This needs to stop. Apple is becoming this huge spike strip on the smartphone freeway. In what industry has someone NOT emulated someone else's idea. It's what happens in modern business, that's how the world works for cryin out loud! I wish we could do something to support Samsung, but what can we do? Anyone have any ideas? If the entire android community came together (starting with this massive online central command station known as android central) we would have some SERIOUS weight to throw around. I dunno, maybe I'm just venting but this seriously ruined my night. I love what google does, i love what the manufacturers put out, i feel like we need to at least try and do something. Who is with me? Let's take some action!

You're already buying a competing product. That's good enough. Go donate to a homeless shelter instead of crying about this.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I think its time for Google to pull all apps off iOS. Yes they will take a loss at first, but in the long run it should be worth it. Even if 10-20% of iOS users switch to another platform, that will hurt Apple. That could be 6 million sales lost. Not enough to cripple apple but its enough for them to not hit sales and revenue forecasts for their shareholders. At this point I think its Google and androids only choice at thus point. Apple won't stop until the wallet gets thinner.

Sent from my Jellybeaned Gnex

Google needs apple for ads. Duh. That's how google makes money. Apple doesn't need google.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
When the phone is pulled will there still be updates to us that already own it. Hope VZW don't try and recall the phones.?

You'll have to take it to the apple store & trade it in for an iPhone.

No of course nothing will happen to your phone & of course you'll still get updates.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just going off what I've briefly read, the crux of Apple's argument is that Google's voice search command UI infringes upon Apple's patent on Siri. Apple's argument here is COMPLETELY without merit. I'm pretty sure I was doing voice search and voice commands on my DroidX a year and a half before Apple "invented" voice search. Siri does little more than Google's technology from 3 years ago. Before iPhones had flash on their cameras or cut and paste.

Apple has not invented anything. They've created a static UI that they have convinced the masses is the best platform. I'm using a 4S now, but I think it is on its way out. These ridiculous lawsuits and injunctions have got to stop. It really shows me that Apple is scared of the products that Google is putting out and has no other recourse than to sue.

It's not in Apple's playbook to innovate their own product...just sue others that innovate theirs.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Be careful with what you say about Apple.

They have a patent on using letters of the alphabet strung together to form words sentences and paragraphs as they pertain to discussing Apple and their products in non IOS forums.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

Reactions: topdawg661

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Just going off what I've briefly read, the crux of Apple's argument is that Google's voice search command UI infringes upon Apple's patent on Siri. Apple's argument here is COMPLETELY without merit. I'm pretty sure I was doing voice search and voice commands on my DroidX a year and a half before Apple "invented" voice search. Siri does little more than Google's technology from 3 years ago. Before iPhones had flash on their cameras or cut and paste.

Apple has not invented anything. They've created a static UI that they have convinced the masses is the best platform. I'm using a 4S now, but I think it is on its way out. These ridiculous lawsuits and injunctions have got to stop. It really shows me that Apple is scared of the products that Google is putting out and has no other recourse than to sue.

It's not in Apple's playbook to innovate their own product...just sue others that innovate theirs.

And you think it was an original idea to the droid X?

dracoterror

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Was already considering the Gnex because I'm really missing Android after using the iPhone for the last few months, and then came the Jelly Bean announcement, seriously ratcheting up my excitement levels. Ordered one the second after reading the headline Friday.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
And you think it was an original idea to the droid X?

No. Not at all. Just stating that other phones have had this capability long before Siri. Apple claims to have invented everything as it pertains to a smartphone. When this is most certainly not the case.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
No. Not at all. Just stating that other phones have had this capability long before Siri. Apple claims to have invented everything as it pertains to a smartphone. When this is most certainly not the case.

I don't think that's part of the claim, I've never heard apple say they invented anything. They have a patent. Regardless if it existed 1000 years ago or if davinci created it, they have a right to protect their patent. Every business does. If ford patented the door handle then I would expect the same from them.

Btw, moto is not any more ethical or less abusive. Check out the FTC's investigations into them.

Would that make you turn away from them too?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that's part of the claim, I've never heard apple say they invented anything. They have a patent. Regardless if it existed 1000 years ago or if davinci created it, they have a right to protect their patent. Every business does. If ford patented the door handle then I would expect the same from them.

Btw, moto is not any more ethical or less abusive. Check out the FTC's investigations into them.

Would that make you turn away from them too?

The definition of a patent is that you were the first and created the idea, thus, you have patented it to protect it. In essence, they are claiming they invented it. They were not the first, otherwise they needed to begin this lawsuit years ago, not now. It also doesn't change the fact that if this is, in fact, their patent...it couldn't have been issued in good faith. Other products (not just Android) have had voice search for years. If they did have it first (I'm unsure of the exact time frame) then they let their claim go stale by not suing sooner to protect their patent. The Nexus added nothing different than what some of the earlier Android phones had as it pertains to voice search.

If you don't like that I think their practice is sh***y, that's fine. But that doesn't change my mind that I think that way. I've loved this phone, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they feel it necessary to continue with such business practices. And I don't have a Moto phone, my argument isn't about them.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The definition of a patent is that you were the first and created the idea, thus, you have patented it to protect it. In essence, they are claiming they invented it. They were not the first, otherwise they needed to begin this lawsuit years ago, not now. It also doesn't change the fact that if this is, in fact, their patent...it couldn't have been issued in good faith. Other products (not just Android) have had voice search for years. If they did have it first (I'm unsure of the exact time frame) then they let their claim go stale by not suing sooner to protect their patent. The Nexus added nothing different than what some of the earlier Android phones had as it pertains to voice search.

If you don't like that I think their practice is sh***y, that's fine. But that doesn't change my mind that I think that way. I've loved this phone, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they feel it necessary to continue with such business practices. And I don't have a Moto phone, my argument isn't about them.

The law doesn't work with "in essence."

You said you have a droid x, or had. Didn't specify.

You are free to think what you want of them. That's fine.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The law doesn't work with "in essence."

You said you have a droid x, or had. Didn't specify.

You are free to think what you want of them. That's fine.

I'm very well aware of what does and does not work in regards to the law. And yes, a patent is an invented idea. You are claiming you came up with the idea. You were the first. You invented it.

And I had a Droid X. I no longer have one. I currently have an iPhone 4S.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm very well aware of what does and does not work in regards to the law. And yes, a patent is an invented idea. You are claiming you came up with the idea. You were the first. You invented it.

And I had a Droid X. I no longer have one. I currently have an iPhone 4S.

Btw filing date for the "Siri" patent was back in 2004 & issued in 2011

http://www.google.com/patents/US8086604

The citations are interesting to look at also.

Look, I'm not going to go back & forth on the definition of invention, someone could have invented something but never patented it. Doesn't mean that 2nd party invented it.

You should sell your iPhone 4s if it upsets you so much. I did & got a SGS3, but not because of these lawsuits.

Last edited: