Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: Petition For Memory Cards on Future Nexus Devices

Quote Originally Posted by slashdotdash View Post
    USB OTG was about as close as we were ever gonna get to having expandable storage on our Nexi (excluding N1), but the N4 doesn't support it, so it's unclear as to whether or not we'll even have that option in the future on our handsets.

The newer Nexus 10 supports it afaik which I find odd - which could mean things were mucked up on LG's side and not because Google requested there be no support for it.
    Is that true even for rooted N4s? My rooted galaxy nexus supports it and from what I understand read-only usb otg is supported on an unrooted galaxy nexus. It definitely makes sense for something like porting large movie media on overseas travel if you don't mind the screen size.

Default Re: Petition For Memory Cards on Future Nexus Devices

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot2222 View Post
    It's not about SSDs, it's about SD cards...Google won't allow them on Nexus devices because they think FAT32 (which almost all SD cards come preformatted to) is "unstable" and can "cause file corruption" (geez, that means don't buy a digital camera with an SD card slot...wait...)
    I say, let the user decide if they want to keep everything on internal storage, and whether to use MTP or not.
    You do have a choice. Don't buy a Nexus if you want a SD card slot. Don't buy Android if you want mass storage. Google has their reasons. Don't agree? Buy an iPhone.... oh, I forgot, Apple doesn't like SD cards either.....
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123