Fastboot does not recognize Galaxy Nexus

googol

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I am trying to flash clockworkmod onto my Galaxy Nexus.

I have the 51-android.rules file set up as instructed in Initializing a Build Environment | Android Open Source

When I connect my Galaxy Nexus using USB, $ adb devices command works and I am able to see the serial number of my Galaxy Nexus listed. But, when I reboot into fastboot mode using vol up + vol down + power or $ adb reboot-bootloader command, I am not able to see the GNex listed when I run $ fastboot devices.

I tried to run $ fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and I just get a <waiting for device> message. I don't think fastboot is recognizing my GNex in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, although adb works. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

googol

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I got fastboot to finally work by using the command
$ sudo ./fastboot devices
$ sudo ./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

But, I am still having problems getting clockwrorkmod recovery on it. I flashed the recovery and when I reboot and try to go to recovery, I am still seeing the stock recovery.

googol

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
After much searching, I found the answer to my problem. Apparently, if you have stock unrooted Android on the device, the recovery gets overwritten every time the device reboots, so the only way to boot into CWM without having to delete some files in recovery to stop the overwriting process is using this command.

$ sudo ./fastboot boot recovery.img