wanting to buy a galaxy nexus soon

rnr1224

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
my contract is finally up and now ill be moving on to verizon. ive had my heart set on a nexus for a long time and now that this injunction has happened is terrible luck. but will i still be able to buy it sometime next week or am i already too late. i plan on going to a radioshack or verizon store in my area btw if that makes any difference.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
That's an on contract price. I think it's worth the up front cost to get it off contract.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
my contract is finally up and now ill be moving on to verizon. ive had my heart set on a nexus for a long time and now that this injunction has happened is terrible luck. but will i still be able to buy it sometime next week or am i already too late. i plan on going to a radioshack or verizon store in my area btw if that makes any difference.

Verizon has great network coverage but the whole tiered data...sucks. I still have my unlimited data plan, so I'm lucky to have that. Have you looked into sprint? Or maybe T-Mobile? I believe they both still offer unlimited data plans.

FissionMailed from Paranoid S3

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up, Verizon's GNex is still stuck on ICS. And JB has been out for months now. Just know that when you go with a Verizon "nexus" you're not going to get Google's love with timely updates...you're going to have to wait months after a software update. Just head over to the Verizon GNex forum and see how upset people are with jb. The nexus is a good phone, just not on Verizon if updates are your thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ba_hamilton

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I got my Nexus yesterday at Bestbuy. It was $99.00. I lost my unlimited data plan but I wasn't a heavy data user anyway. I'm on wifi most of the time. I'll still have to watch my usage because I have 5 phones on my plan right now. I've only come close to going over the 4gb limit once. The share everything plan isn't all bad. You get unlimited minutes, text, and free mobile hotspot. Still a little nervous about the data limit though.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I got my Nexus yesterday at Bestbuy. It was $99.00. I lost my unlimited data plan but I wasn't a heavy data user anyway. I'm on wifi most of the time. I'll still have to watch my usage because I have 5 phones on my plan right now. I've only come close to going over the 4gb limit once. The share everything plan isn't all bad. You get unlimited minutes, text, and free mobile hotspot. Still a little nervous about the data limit though.

I've read that there are reception problems with the GNEX. What has been your experience?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

robbies7897

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I've read that there are reception problems with the GNEX. What has been your experience?

My reception has been great. Only big deal for me is I sometimes go to a 4G fringe area, and 3G shows up with maybe one or two bars, if any. It will take it a minute or so to right itself, no big deal. However I live in a strong 4G area, so my signal is always great.

Weirdo0815

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site

I have owned my Verizon GNexus since Feb and I haven't had any problems with reception except in places that you should expect problems, like when hiking down into a deep canyon.

Just remember that your bars don't need to be full for you to have good reception.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Just got my G-Nex GSM in the mail a couple days ago. It's been great so far. Reception is fairly good and I haven't dropped a call yet (T-Mo prepaid). The GPS also locks very quickly and the data speeds have been very good for me (about 7Mb down, 1.2Mb up with HSPA+). In comparison, my old Epic 4G (Sprint postpaid) did NONE of those things particularly well. So far, I'm very impressed with this device.

The JB update pushed to my device about an hour after powering it on for the first time. Sweet!

Now, I just have to get a screen protector and case for it. :p

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Was it for VZW because as mentioned you can get it much cheaper from Amazon or Wirefly.com.

I have no issue flashing so delays in updates will be a minor irritant.

via I500 AOKP tap, tap, taparoo

UpTownDC

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
New to the Forum and to Android. Just got my GNex this week and it's works great on my T-Mobile account. Just wanted to ask what are some of the good apps that I should get for my phone? Like I said I'm new to Android so any advice would be great thanks.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
New to the Forum and to Android. Just got my GNex this week and it's works great on my T-Mobile account. Just wanted to ask what are some of the good apps that I should get for my phone? Like I said I'm new to Android so any advice would be great thanks.

That depends on what you want to do?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S2 on CM9 BETA 1 using Tapatalk 2

ctechnow

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't get why people with the VZW unlimited data plan want to leave but wont because they are afraid of losing the plan. The reason you want to leave is probably to save on your monthly costs. Go to straight talk and get unlimited everything. I love Verizon's LTE (have it now) but most of the time I use data I'm on wifi anyway, so in the less than 10% cases I will have a slower speed but i will always be able to accomplish the task at hand. Once my contract is up I'll be paying $50/mo on straight talk instead of $100/mo and I won't have to worry about going over my 450 minute allowance either.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
To do over again having the GNx I would stay away, unhappy with battery life, (even with 3800Mah battery) poor signal.
Wish I did more research before I bought it. Stuck for 1more year or until none left in stock and do insurance claim. I even unlock rooted custom ROM still bad battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums