will samsung update 4.02 directly to 4.1?

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm wondering if Samsung updated galaxy nexus won't see 4.04, but will instead be updated directly to jellybean? I ask because Samsung hasn't started pushing out 4.04 to any of their nexus phones that I'm aware of. My nexus is yakjuxw in case anyone is wondering. Thanks in advance.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Some non-yakju/non-takju variants have gotten 4.0.4. All depends on your specific model, and only time will tell at this point.

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I woke up for work and 4.0.4 was finally waiting for me. If this is the routine with yakjuxw phones then i may as well flash takju and be done with it.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Got my phone yesterday and about ten minutes after I powered that baby up I got a notification about an update.......4.04.....

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly the reason I decided to go unlocked GSM Nexus. No dealing with carriers and no dealing with Samsung.

Love Sammy's products - but they take too damn long rolling out updates. Google won't fail me! We're first in line!

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly the reason I decided to go unlocked GSM Nexus. No dealing with carriers and no dealing with Samsung.

Love Sammy's products - but they take too damn long rolling out updates. Google won't fail me! We're first in line!

Did the Same thing here was on one of the variants that was to be updated by Sammy. After a few weeks of nuthin from them I flashed the stock rom from Google direct and got 4.0.4 just after it was announced for release over OTA.

Now I put on JB and i'm flying high here with the Best of Android. Just can't be happier(ok I can but that's superfluous).:D

ganklin

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I thought I did have an unlocked GSM version. Kind of frustrating since that's what I thought a nexus was all about .

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Only takju and yakju are truly unlocked GSM versions and updated straight from Google. If you have extra letters on the end of your updates come from Samsung.

I wouldn't sit around and wait, if I were you - I'd start rooting and flashing.

ganklin

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
i got mine from that dailysteals website back in january. i assumed it was unlocked? i just threw my sim card in there and away it went.

i've never tinkered around with my phone before so it slightly scares me. ill have to do a bit more research i guess.

NoNameFace

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
My GNex had 4.0.4 already on it when I took it out of the box and turned it on. Bout 3 minutes after I hooked it up to WiFi I had an update for IMM76I (which supposedly fixed signal loss issues).