Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fender7217
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default will samsung update 4.02 directly to 4.1?

Hi guys, I'm wondering if Samsung updated galaxy nexus won't see 4.04, but will instead be updated directly to jellybean? I ask because Samsung hasn't started pushing out 4.04 to any of their nexus phones that I'm aware of. My nexus is yakjuxw in case anyone is wondering. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: will samsung update 4.02 directly to 4.1?

Some non-yakju/non-takju variants have gotten 4.0.4. All depends on your specific model, and only time will tell at this point.
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

What he said ^^^ but you will get 4.1 soon enough ..
    Last edited by blackmannx; 07-01-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    Sent from my unreleased thingamagig using Tapatalk

follow me at www.twitter.com/black_man_x
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I woke up for work and 4.0.4 was finally waiting for me. If this is the routine with yakjuxw phones then i may as well flash takju and be done with it.

Got my phone yesterday and about ten minutes after I powered that baby up I got a notification about an update.......4.04.....

I just got a 4.04 update today and I've had my gnex since Jan. I'm on yakjuxw which I'm guessing I should flash takju eh?

ROM
    root/stock 4.1.2 and CM10

This is exactly the reason I decided to go unlocked GSM Nexus. No dealing with carriers and no dealing with Samsung.

Love Sammy's products - but they take too damn long rolling out updates. Google won't fail me! We're first in line!
    mech1164 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fender7217 View Post
    This is exactly the reason I decided to go unlocked GSM Nexus. No dealing with carriers and no dealing with Samsung.

Love Sammy's products - but they take too damn long rolling out updates. Google won't fail me! We're first in line!
    Did the Same thing here was on one of the variants that was to be updated by Sammy. After a few weeks of nuthin from them I flashed the stock rom from Google direct and got 4.0.4 just after it was announced for release over OTA.

Now I put on JB and i'm flying high here with the Best of Android. Just can't be happier(ok I can but that's superfluous).

Well I thought I did have an unlocked GSM version. Kind of frustrating since that's what I thought a nexus was all about .

ROM
    root/stock 4.1.2 and CM10

Only takju and yakju are truly unlocked GSM versions and updated straight from Google. If you have extra letters on the end of your updates come from Samsung.

I wouldn't sit around and wait, if I were you - I'd start rooting and flashing.

Quote Originally Posted by ganklin View Post
    Well I thought I did have an unlocked GSM version. Kind of frustrating since that's what I thought a nexus was all about .
    So do you have one on Sprint or Verizon?

i got mine from that dailysteals website back in january. i assumed it was unlocked? i just threw my sim card in there and away it went.

i've never tinkered around with my phone before so it slightly scares me. ill have to do a bit more research i guess.

My GNex had 4.0.4 already on it when I took it out of the box and turned it on. Bout 3 minutes after I hooked it up to WiFi I had an update for IMM76I (which supposedly fixed signal loss issues).
    Sent from my Desktop PC using Firefox