Nexus sales banned - do I get mine?

Sith Vol

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Do the delivery companies make you sign for the package? I'm actually on vacation and won't be home till Friday. Can I just have a friend sign and get it or will UPS just delivery and leave it? Wondering if I can depend on my friend or just call UPS and tell them I'll pick it up from their local depot.

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Do the delivery companies make you sign for the package? I'm actually on vacation and won't be home till Friday. Can I just have a friend sign and get it or will UPS just delivery and leave it? Wondering if I can depend on my friend or just call UPS and tell them I'll pick it up from their local depot.

They don't make you sign for it. They just drop it off.

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ordered mine Sunday; The charge is on my account (or the pre-auth for it anyway). With the holiday, I'm sure the actual ban won't go into effect for a few days, so Google has time to get them out the door. :)

They've already charged me for the Nexus7 I ordered as well... don't see shipping info for that, yet, either.

Charge you or did your credit card company just put a hold for the Nexus 7?

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone.. I don't mean to sound like an idiot (I hope!?), but why is everyone purchasing their GNex from the Google store and not just at your local VZW store? Isn't it cheaper at the store, or is it because everyone is buying them off contract and VZW non-contract price is higher?
Just wondering?! I've had my Bionic a month after it was released last fall and been debating on swapping for GNex or SGIII. I do love the Nexus and everything about their phones, so verrryy tempted!

Good luck to all that has ordered! :cool:

knightfall

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Man am I ever glad I got mine Friday night from Rogers. I'd be going nuts wondering if my phone was or was not on its way to me.

Good luck to all of you who's ordered! If it helps, its definitely a phone worth waiting for!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Clcross18x

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone.. I don't mean to sound like an idiot (I hope!?), but why is everyone purchasing their GNex from the Google store and not just at your local VZW store? Isn't it cheaper at the store, or is it because everyone is buying them off contract and VZW non-contract price is higher?
Just wondering?! I've had my Bionic a month after it was released last fall and been debating on swapping for GNex or SGIII. I do love the Nexus and everything about their phones, so verrryy tempted!

We are all purchasing the GSM unlocked version in the U.S. for use on AT&T or T-Mobile. The Verizon and Sprint versions are the CDMA version with LTE.

bullet

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one friday at 2:00 pm. Order status is still un shipped. I dont know how they decide which order to process but it seems to be random.

Last edited:

anon(580888)

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the GNex Friday at 7pm EST, got the shipping confirmation that night (Saturday) at about 2:30am EST. No update till today at 1:30 EST when UPS posted it would be delivered tomorrow EOD. Live in Miami if that gives any Florida people some hope lol

anon(1835107)

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I actually have tried to switch away from my Blackberry many times without luck. The main things I can never seem to get away from are:

1. Sound Profiles (work,home,normal,night etc ..)
2. LED Notifications
3. Battery life

BBM is a non-factor now ... The LED notifications I can get on the Gnex, not sure about the battery life and considering getting a bigger battery for it. Any suggestions on a really good Sound Profiles app?

Thanks!

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I also ordered one on Friday and it shipped already, in fact UPS says it will be deliveries tomorrow. So openly it will be there waiting on me when I return from my business trip.

ilkhan

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

We're buying no-contract GSM versions direct from Google which will be an actual Nexus phone instead of the wannabe nexus that is sold by Verizon.

Ordered mine today, hopefully here on Thursday so I'll have a chance to play with it some before the weekend.

rivas741

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm worried. I called customer service and they said it would be shipped on Thursday. But I haven't gotten a tracking number? I just have the "order has been received" email. I ordered it on Saturday 2:06PM PST. Does time zone play a part in this?

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Is this a banned on all nexus including cdma/lte and GSM? And if so, if my phone was too brake, would I see another nexus?

The ban is on the Galaxy Nexus so that includes GSM and CDMA models. And as far as your GNex "breaking," if something happens to it later rather than sooner, you won't be receiving a replacement - well, not from a store, anyway - if Apple gets their way and at this point with the injunction being granted, I don't see why they wouldn't. Being sarcastic, I can't wait to see what litigation C(r)ook & Co. has in-store for the Nexus 7 and Jelly Bean's voice search...smh...