AT&T 3G to HPSA+

anon(580888)

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan with AT&T that I've been extremely careful to keep. I remember when I upgraded from the Blackberry Curve to the iPhone 4 in July 2010 that I was able to go from the EDGE to the 3G network without losing my plan.

I just sprung for the GSM/HSPA+ GNex on the Play Store and was wondering if anyone here has any experience switching from 3G to HSPA+ without losing the unlimited plan?

Even better, do I automatically get access to the HSPA+ network just by popping the SIM into the GNex, or do I have to talk to AT&T to activate it for me?

Obviously, I'll get a better idea later when I get the GNex and pop the sim card in, but I wanted to see if anyone's already gone through this and had any tips/tricks, etc.

Thanks y'all!

e2ackbar

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It worked automatically for me, but I switched with a SIM from an Atrix 4G that already had H+ access. That said, I get better speeds now than I did with the Atrix.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: anon(580888)

rstunin

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I recently got my wife an HTC Vivid at Best Buy. We kept the unlimited data but they put an LTE compatible SIM card in the new phone (upgraded from a Blackberry Curve). I don't know if it is the same deal for HSPA+, but there should be no worries about the data plan.

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Like rstunin when I upgraded a Blackberry 9700 to the Samsung Galaxy Note LTE I needed to change the SIM card to get the faster speeds, and was able (back in Feb) to keep my Unlimited even upgrading to LTE.