Screen Protector needed?
07-09-2012 01:35 PM
- No problems worrying about scratches. It's not a Gorilla Glass branded screen, but it is a scratch-resistant material that is the same stuff. It passes key tests (search youtube). I'm not using a screen protector.
As for cases, I have this one: http://www.shopandroid.com/incipio-s...medium=content
It's great and offers a high amount of protection. It's got the soft silicone skin to prevent scratches underneath, and the hard body snaps in place around the edges, protecting the corners even more. Adds much-needed grip to the phone, because without a case it's almost too thin and slippery. Not bulky like an otterbox.
A lot of other people like this: http://www.shopandroid.com/cruzerlit...medium=content
It's just a once piece case, so it's not as much protection, but it does offer an even thinner profile. It was my second choice, but I really wanted a silicone two-piece case - and that Incipio is the best one imo.
Before you order, check Amazon - they're much cheaper there.07-08-2012 10:35 AM
- I use a screen protector, and for a case at work I use an Otterbox Commuter. (I like that most of the silicone inner is covered by the outer shell. Makes it easier to slide in and out of pockets).
I'm thinking of getting either a Zagg full body kit or Ghost armor or something similar. I have problems with moist/sweaty hands and I find the Gnex to be pretty slippery to hang onto. I think the Zagg body armour would help in that matter
I also upgraded the stock battery to a 2000mAh battery, the extra battery life is nice, and the extra bit of thickness makes it a bit easier to hold on to.07-08-2012 02:06 PM
- 07-08-2012 03:47 PM
- OK, I don't know a lot about different screen protectors, but seeing as its the topic I don't feel bad about asking a question.
I have either used cheapie dry-apply screen protectors (the kind that you sometimes find thrown in for free when ordering accessories) or Zagg wet-apply ones. I like wet-apply rather then dry, they seem to apply better (less dust), stick longer, and are more scratch-resistant. My biggest beef with Zagg is the orange-peel look, especially with the screen off. The tacky/sticky feeling when its new wears off in a couple days but its never as slick as the bare screen.
So my fellow Gnex fans.... anyone have recommendations for the following: Body armor that is slightly sticky/grippy (kinda like a brand-new Zagg, but that keeps the grippiness)? And second of all, a wet-apply screen protector that is smooth and clear like a dry-apply protector? I've heard a few good recomendations, but I want to hear what you people are using other then Zagg. I'll get it again if nothing else, but I would prefer something more slick/smooth/clear.07-08-2012 09:00 PM
- I got the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield and would NOT recommend it.
Made the screen feel like rubber and normal use put stretch marks on the protector.
The only positive thing was it was pretty easy to apply and I usually stink at getting screen protectors on. I took it off a week later though and threw it in the trash.07-08-2012 09:22 PM
- I had the folks at Best Buy apply the Zagg screen to my Asus EEE Transformer, but I'm not terribly fond of the tacky feel of it. For my GN, I decided to go with what I had put on my old Motodroid, the Bodyguardz HD aka Sceenguardz. It's much easier to apply than other screen protectors I've tried and has a much better feel to it than Zagg. I may get one for my Asus and remove the Zagg that's on it. Found the Bodyguardz HD less expensive on Amazon than on the manufacturer's website.07-09-2012 07:31 AM
- All glass can and will scratch. Scratch resistant glass is harder than coins and keys, but any grit or sand that we encounter every day(and is probably mixed with the lint in your pocket)can and will scratch it. Always use a screen protector.
Stay away from Zagg. They are complete trash. I use Steinheil Ultra Crystal on my EVO4GLTE, but being a hard protector, they don't cover the curved edges of the screen. Ghost Armor may be worth a shot
Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 207-09-2012 07:37 AM
Get the screen protector.
nnb07-09-2012 01:35 PM
- Google Hardware, Services & Apps
- More Google Devices & Services
- Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Screen Protector needed?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD