Warranty & Insurance questions:

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I read on here somewhere that purchasing the GSM Google Nexus directly from the Google play store would qualify the Nexus to receive a 12 month Waranty from Samsung here in the US, which is one of the reasons why I ordered it through them. Has anyone had to deal with Samsungs Waranty department? If so, are they easy to deal with and where they quick to resolve any issues that you've had? I have had only Apple products and haven't had to deal with other companies in so long as far as warranties go, so I'm hoping Samsung is good to deal with if any issues should come up with my Nexus.

Also, is SquareTrade a good third party insurance for the Nexus or is there a better one out there?

Thanks for any advice you can give me here. :)

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

I read on here somewhere that purchasing the GSM Google Nexus directly from the Google play store would qualify the Nexus to receive a 12 month Waranty from Samsung here in the US, which is one of the reasons why I ordered it through them. Has anyone had to deal with Samsungs Waranty department? If so, are they easy to deal with and where they quick to resolve any issues that you've had? I have had only Apple products and haven't had to deal with other companies in so long as far as warranties go, so I'm hoping Samsung is good to deal with if any issues should come up with my Nexus.

Also, is SquareTrade a good third party insurance for the Nexus or is there a better one out there?

Thanks for any advice you can give me here. :)

I had to send my Nexus S to Samsung because of a touchscreen problem. They email you shipping labels (free of charge) while you're still on the phone with them, then you just need to pack up the phone and send it. I had the repaired phone back in my hands within about 2 weeks. Overall great customer service.

As for insurance, it would be best to do a lot of research as there are a few different companies with very different prices/policies.

Reactions: Eileen89

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
^ Thanks for the reply, ragnarokx. I'll do some research as far as options for the insurance. :)

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
also, remember that phones purchased with a credit card (and debit card, Visa) will often offer insurance on the electronic items purchased.

read your debit card agreement to verify--but you can actually have a "secondary" insurance via your debit card.

or, if anything, cover the phone with your renters insurance for a minimal cost.

edit: by which i mean, if you buy your phone with your debit/credit card, then you have insurance on it @ no cost.

Last edited:

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Tmo now offers insurance on Prepaid devices at $7/mo.

I was really considering Zagg's Zaggsafe insurance at $100 2 for years, covered water damage also, but I can no longer find it on their website :confused:

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
FYI I emailed them, they still offer it but are updating their website. I missed this before, but it does NOT cover lost/stolen as you have to send them the phone for claims. :-\

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
^ Hey, thanks for the added info guys. I'm leaning towards SquareTrade right now but I still have some time to decide before my Nexus ships.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Tmo now offers insurance on Prepaid devices at $7/mo.

I was really considering Zagg's Zaggsafe insurance at $100 2 for years, covered water damage also, but I can no longer find it on their website :confused:

I will be using my GN with AT&T, not T-Mobile so their insurance wouldn't be of any use to me. Thanks anyway, though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

cavemandaveman

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm also on the fence about getting insurance. Check out Ensquared insurance, it's a little cheaper. I'd probably go with them but I'm too lazy to make a final decision (especially since they say they'll insure something up to 90 days from date of purchase).

I have heard both good and bad with Squaretrade and Ensquared though; this forum has some good input:

Squaretrade vs. Ensquared insurance for imported GN - xda-developers