Jelly bean ota - who got it?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the OTA manually and flashed it in stock recovery. I'm never patient enough to wait for a notification.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Jelly bean ota

I downloaded the OTA manually and flashed it in stock recovery. I'm never patient enough to wait for a notification.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

This. I just think to myself, I have a Nexus device. Why should I wait for an OTA when I can just flash all the things?

Reactions: Vanilla Ice

mattatwar

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Im not rooted -i would root and flash but now i have 12gb of data used that takes a long time to back up/ re upload

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I had 4.1 on my GNex, but tried to flash the newer 4.1.1 ROM, and no go. Not sure what the issue is. But I don't feel like messing with it further. So I restored to my original 4.0.4 recovery, and no OTA update yet. Hopefully soon.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, surprised to see no one got it ,frustrating to say the least.....really hoping for it tonight .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: mattatwar

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting... Burning up my "check now" button.

I'm getting good at going 'swipe down on notification pane' > settings > about phone > system updates > check now. Could probably do it blind folded.

Reactions: guinnkevinr

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Still waiting... Burning up my "check now" button.

I'm getting good at going 'swipe down on notification pane' > settings > about phone > system updates > check now. Could probably do it blind folded.
Saw your comment in the other thread that Google Support is now saying it may actually take "a week or two" ???

Wondering if this OTA update will also require a full wipe of the phone? Anyone know for sure?

'Cause if it does require that full wipe, might as well do the unlock/root/flash of the Stock 4.1.1 (which is identical to what we'll receive via OTA I understand) ?

/BD :confused:

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Saw your comment in the other thread that Google Support is now saying it may actually take "a week or two" ???

Wondering if this OTA update will also require a full wipe of the phone? Anyone know for sure?

'Cause if it does require that full wipe, might as well do the unlock/root/flash of the Stock 4.1.1 (which is identical to what we'll receive via OTA I understand) ?

/BD :confused:

Didn't google say they will start rolling out on july 15th? Just be patient

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Other people who had ordered placed for a GNex says their order status has updated to say the device will ship in the next 3-5 days (with Jelly Bean) - so that leads me to believe the OTA will be out, at the latest in the next 3-5 days. So Probably not a week or two weeks...

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Interesting! I can't add additional Exchange accounts on the iPhone, but it seems to let me add additional MobileMe accounts, which kind of scares me, actually, as "sync is hard" and I don't see how multiple truth stores on MM would co-exist... though AS and MM seems to co-exist well enough...

Setting up other Gmail as IMAP now...

I never saw July 15th for the JB roll out date? Where did you see that?

--for icewater106--- damn tapatalk app didn't quote properly.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

KentuckyHouse

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't gotten the OTA either, so I just went ahead and flashed it through CMW this afternoon. Let me tell you, its making me consider taking back my GSIII. That's how good it is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

iukreegs

May 7, 2012
Visit site
is there an easy way to root it?

I tried wugs rootkit 1.5 but it doesn't seem to talk to the device and the whole interface is confusing as hell.