Facebook contact sync in jelly bean
05-20-2013 11:38 AM
- It is in articles such as this one, under notifications.
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean review | ITProPortal.comJelly Bean also brings proper Facebook contact integration. This takes an extra step, because you need to download and install the Facebook app first. Once you do, a Facebook item appears in the Settings page that lets you integrate Facebook contacts with the phone's address book. You still can't integrate Facebook's Events Calendar, but that's less of a problem.
Although that's the first I've read anywhere about JB changes for more FB integration.07-12-2012 10:42 PM
- 07-13-2012 05:33 PMLike 1
- I think everyone is right, it definitely doesn't work. I will continue to use one of the additional application that syncs my contact photos. It's really ridiculous, I have a Google plus account and absolutely nobody is on it.07-15-2012 12:02 PM
- 07-15-2012 01:52 PM
- 07-15-2012 02:31 PMLike 3
- 07-25-2012 10:25 AM
- Hi Guys,
The issue as Andrew Martonik said above is that Google changed the API for the People app in 4.0 and above. They had to because the completely re-designed the People app which is excellent in my opinion. Facebook didn't want to adhere to the terms of the API and they said that it was due to privacy concerns over user data but that is obviously rubbish, especially since they have their own API that can be queried for the same exact information which is what a few of these apps to sync contact info are able to do without breaking any rules.
The best one that I have used is Contact Sync for Facebook (link below) and it allows you to choose the image quality to sync, and if you want to sync on Facebook ID. The Facebook ID is actually quite good because if you spend the time once, you can add the Facebook ID to the notes of your Google Contact and the app will auto join the Synced contacts.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...GFjdHNzeW5jIl0.11-25-2012 05:02 AMLike 3
- So I used Contact Sync, which worked. But it worked TOO well, and now ALL of my facebook contacts are showing up in People and I do not want them all there. I have tried setting it to show only my main Google contacts, and they are all still showing up. Anybody know how to make it sync Facebook profiles ONLY with my existing contacts?01-02-2013 02:20 AM
- Currently, it's possible. [edit: I use Android 4.0.4]
I succeeded in setting settings in Facebook to sync contacts with android contacts.
This is done by standard "Facebook for Android" app
Secondly, "Adam Silva", you can select sync to sync ALL contacts or only the existing ones. Second option will only add picture/etc to the android contacts you already have.
Unfortunately, I have the impression this is not 100%. In my case, it synced all. Maybe a bug.
Only remaining issue I have is that I want to merge ALL the facebook contacts with my google contacts.
So I got them on my android, but I want to sync them with my google account. It only merges those that are on device already, not the pure facebook contacts.
For this I go to CONTACTS / Contacts / menu: "Merge with Google". Answer "ok" to merge. Error "No device contacts to merge with Google account".
Hope this helps any of you.
Gizmoh01-18-2013 08:04 AM
- try installing contacts plus or + there is also sync.me as even when i got sync to work on face book thr pics were all blured but contacts + sorted it you may have to go to your settting and alow sync to work might be diff as i have a razr i but give what i have mentiond05-20-2013 11:38 AM
- Google Hardware, Services & Apps
- More Google Devices & Services
- Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Facebook contact sync in jelly bean
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD