Got OTA yet did not update ???

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I just got my update did it let it run. Yet after it finished and I checked still states 4.0.4.

I have the Samsung Galaxy yet I had it rooted and flashed to Google to get updates.

Any ideas it is unlocked yet what should I do from here? Not happy I paid to have this done so I could get the Google updates and no this.

Any thoughts

Can I still flash if it is unlocked but phone is no longer rooted ?

Thanks

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Sure was gave the 147 mb I let it run and it did nothing to my phone. Just pulled the battery and stil nothing now is states device is up to date.

I just rooted my One X maybe I should just root this and install. I have yet to flash a ROM though.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
If you're completely stock you don't need to root to install it manually, you can just flash the file via fastboot if you've unlocked the bootloader. I'd try to apply it again. I dont know why it wouldn't work. If there was an issue it should give you an error.

Reactions: Larry Marranzino
Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
When it is stated Boot loader unlocked is that the same as Unlocked phone ?

IF so I will wait till the weekend to try and do the install manually if I don't get it back.

Yes from what I know it is stock as I bought the Samsung i9250 not from Google, had it rooted and flashed and relocked to google yakju stock hoping to ge the updates without issue.

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't know why it would go thru the whole process and not give an error if something didn't go right.

I know it did NOT work for me when I was unlocked and rooted. After I flashed back to stock to unroot and relocked the bootloader it worked.

So go back as far as you can to stock and try again.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
You could always try the Settings>Apps>All>Google Services Framework and do Force Stop then Clear Data, then go back to About Phone>System Updates >Check Now

This has worked for a few.

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Tried the Google Framework NO LUCK.
Guess I will shut it down and then charge and turn on in the am and see.

I am surprised no error. It just said to update phone to reboot and it rebooted and nothing.

I will call the guy who rooted and flashed on google build to see if he knows also.

Hey may wind up rooting and flashing this weekend , was actually the reason I bought this phone was to try this stuff out.

Thanks everyone

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Tried again this am...
This time I got almost through and got the Android guy laying in his back with a red triangle and and ! in it. I assume this meant error as the phone then waited a minute and rebooted to normal showing again 4.0.4 in settings.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
If you have a different radio or bootloader than completely stock 4.0.4 device, might be why it's not updating? Just a thought.

Maybe reflash stock bootloader and/or radio images?

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
update:
This am I re-rooted and put on CWRM and flashed the 4.1 through that. All went smooth, then on reboot the system updater came on and I clicked it (mistake). It took my root access yet completed how crazy is that.

So I just re-rooted and all is well I no have JELLY BEAN and it is smooth.
Now if I could just figure out my HOX and TWRP that would be perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith