How To Use Google Now?

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Very excited about Google Now, after I got the update yesterday evening we went to Central Park to hang out.....I was sitting there playing around with Google Now asking it silly things like "How big is Central Park", it came back with a voiced answer and link......but I was getting frustrated the deeper I dug in to Now.......then I realized that I probably don't know what it really is about......this article certainly helped

This is from G+ but it does link to another Android site, is that cool?

https://plus.google.com/107538503004482952974/posts/EGBgBGFe7ts

anyway , after setting up all the location and web history I have a better feel for Google Now and it should for me too.....the more you use it the better it gets.....woke up this morning it had the weather, how my commute to work was going to be......very cool....

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
How to I set my football teams?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I was wondering this too, the trick is when you ask Now about your fave sports team it will know and populate info based on that search.....last night I asked when is the NY Mets next game......it told me in Atlanta tonight, when that game starts and as it proceeds I can expect "cards" to appear about the Mets and that game....

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
How do you get rid of that "Cards show up here when you need them" card at the top??

-E- Thanks to the link... You just swipe it away! Good deal.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I am getting a lot of cards about my local weather, my commute to and from work and about the Mets losing ......not seeing any cards for my calender appointments......what gives there?

some cool things.....yesterday we were going to Rego Park in Queens from where we live in the Bronx.....on my chromebook I look up the address in Maps....and sure enough when I opened Google Now that cummute was there.....also apparently I spent 33 hours at home last week.......

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to read that article, I was trying to figure out how to setup a calendar appointment by voice command and couldn't do it.

DaX05

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely love it!!!

I loved my Nexus S but the Galaxy Nexus running on Jelly Bean is so smooth. Google nailed it as far as refinement is concerned. :p

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it needs work, right now it is telling me the Mets are at the Nats tonight , it will tell me the score during the game if I ask.....not sure but will check tonight to see if it gives me a card for scores during the game....I set up an appointment in Google Calender for 5pm today with location etc with a two hour reminder.....curious to see if I get a card.....didn't get any card for a dental appointment I had yesterday.

dyedbird

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I had an appointment yesterday at 7:00 pm with the address indicated in my calendar. Google Now alerted me to leave home 41 mins. prior to the appointment, very cool!

markjwilson

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Call me stupid, but my Nexus 7 arrived today, I turned it on and looked for Google Now. I don't see it. Is there a trick to opening Google Now? This happens to me every time I buy something at a store. I stare and stare at the shelves not finding what I'm looking for. When I finally give in and ask a sales associate, I discover that the item I want was right in front of me.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't have Nexus 7 but maybe try and swype up like you can on the Galaxy Nexus ?

It seems clearing cache and force stopping has fixed my Google Now calendar issue. I set up a fake appointment for 9pm and it reminded me I need to leave and has directions etc

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think if you swype away that card tonight's info will appear

Yeah, looks like that's the best way to keep it refreshed over longer periods of time. Just swipe away cards and new info will appear.

Call me stupid, but my Nexus 7 arrived today, I turned it on and looked for Google Now. I don't see it. Is there a trick to opening Google Now? This happens to me every time I buy something at a store. I stare and stare at the shelves not finding what I'm looking for. When I finally give in and ask a sales associate, I discover that the item I want was right in front of me.

On the GNex you can, from the lock screen, swipe UP (as opposed to swiping right to unlock or left to open the camera) to access Google Now.

Or if you're on a home screen, you can hold the HOME softkey and swipe UP.

Little graphics will appear when you long press, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out if you're in the right spot.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I still don't get it. On my location history work is set to the address for my work building. But in the morning the traffic card is showing the time to Five Guys as my work location.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante