Yakju or takju build how do u tell?

m.vasquez009

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I know the folks over at DROID life posted a download link for the jb update for people with the takju build galaxy nexus, we'll how do u know which one I have I want to download the link as I'm tired of waiting for a notification to download..... I have the gsm hspa+ version of the galaxy nexus that I bought through the play store how do u tell which version that is?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

m.vasquez009

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Never mind I found it, I didn't know u could go into maps settings about phone and it would tell u which version u had... I have takju

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
TAKJU = If you have a GSM HSPA+ version you bought through the Play Store in the U.S.

YAKJU = GSM HSPA+ version you bought through the Play Store internationally.

(Both TAKJU and YAKJU are updated straight from Google and are the versions getting the OTA right now.)

YAKJU** (two prefixes) = GSM international version from Samsung

MANGURO = Verizion

TORO = Sprint

m.vasquez009

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried downloading the link from DROID life to get the update and nothing happened once I clicked it after downloading in the notification bar

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
And TAKJU comes with Wallet. If you have never loaded Wallet - either side-load or through the store - and yet you still see it in your app list, then you have TAKJU.

stimpy01234

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
TAKJU = If you have a GSM HSPA+ version you bought through the Play Store in the U.S.

YAKJU = GSM HSPA+ version you bought through the Play Store internationally.

(Both TAKJU and YAKJU are updated straight from Google and are the versions getting the OTA right now.)

YAKJU** (two prefixes) = GSM international version from Samsung

MANGURO = Verizion

TORO = Sprint

This must be connect to the software because when I got my Galaxy Nexsus it was YAKJUXW then when 4.0.4 came out I manually upgraded and the phone was YAKJU and how with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 ... it's TAKJU :confused:

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Never mind I found it, I didn't know u could go into maps settings about phone and it would tell u which version u had... I have takju

Never knew that before so I had to go try it out on my phone. I did it before by downloading the app from the Play Store to discover what version I had when I bought the phone. Thanks for the cool info. Sorry that I have no idea how to help you though.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I just got my new unlocked Nexus from the Play Store and according to Google Maps I have maguro. Hmm. So far haven't been able to get the Jelly Bean update.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got my new unlocked Nexus from the Play Store and according to Google Maps I have maguro. Hmm. So far haven't been able to get the Jelly Bean update.

"Maguro" is the device name. If you got it from the Play Store, you're takju, which is the firmware name.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
"Maguro" is the device name. If you got it from the Play Store, you're takju, which is the firmware name.

After I got the Jelly Bean upgrade, it changed to samsung takju under Device. Before the upgrade it said nexus there. The maguro part is in the Platform line in Maps and since none of the other lines had anything resembling the build names listed here, I thought the maguro was the firmware. It was not listed as takju either when I received it or after the first upgrade, only after the JB upgrade. Anyway, glad it's all cleared up now. I'm installing my apps now and will be playing around with it soon!

cynindesign

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi so glad to find this info to see if I was eligible to upgrade to JB, I tried all the tricks w/ Google Service Framework which didn't get me the update.....

I downloaded Electricsheep's Android System Info, I have Product mysid SHOOT!!! how many versions are there? I bought mine at Best Buy last Jan.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi so glad to find this info to see if I was eligible to upgrade to JB, I tried all the tricks w/ Google Service Framework which didn't get me the update.....

I downloaded Electricsheep's Android System Info, I have Product mysid SHOOT!!! how many versions are there? I bought mine at Best Buy last Jan.

You're a Verizon user... "Mysid" is the Verizon firmware. It's devices platform is "Toro".

You should post in the Verizon Galaxy Nexus Forums from now on out too, which should help reduce confusion.

cynindesign

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I follow the verizon forum for nexus, one of the users posted this and I'd like to verify it, please:

"You have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus. You have a "Toro" Galaxy Nexus version which is CDMA and not GSM. The official version of Jelly Bean is not available to the Verizon Galaxy Nexus in any way shape or form...."

Is this true, thanks.

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I follow the verizon forum for nexus, one of the users posted this and I'd like to verify it, please:

"You have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus. You have a "Toro" Galaxy Nexus version which is CDMA and not GSM. The official version of Jelly Bean is not available to the Verizon Galaxy Nexus in any way shape or form...."

Is this true, thanks.

Yes, if you have a Verizion Nexus you are not getting the OTA from Google.

You need to flash a ROM or flash takju to get the OTA.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Is this true, thanks.

Precisely. There's no official Jelly Bean image or OTA for the Verizon (toro) or Sprint (toroplus) versions of the Galaxy Nexus yet. The carriers decide when the OTA has been tested and tweaked enough, then they push it out on their terms.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site

Is this true, thanks.

As others have said, yes this is true.

Yes, if you have a Verizion Nexus you are not getting the OTA from Google.

You need to flash a ROM or flash takju to get the OTA.

To be clear, (at the time of this post) you cannot receive an official JB OTA on the VZW GNex. You cannot flash takju firmware on a CDMA/LTE device and have working radios.

Your only option at this point is to flash a custom ROM that is built on JB. I use AOKP and love it, but if it's not your cup of tea, I'm sure there are plenty of alternatives for your device:)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2