Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Irish Rose
  • 1 Post By Irish Rose
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Galaxy Nexus arrived before the shipping info:

Got home this afternoon and found a package at my door, opened it up and it was the Galaxy Nexus that I ordered on the 7th from the Google Play store. My tracking info email came right after I opened the box to say it was shipped, LOL. This is the first time I received an item before I got the shipping notice.

I am charging it now so I haven't even switched sims or turned it on yet, but so far I love the feel of it. Doesn't feel cheap as some people have said. I can't wait to take the sim out of my iPhone and put it in my new Nexus.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    Speedygi likes this.

Default Re: My Galaxy Nexus arrived before the shipping info:

When you turn it on, can you let us know if it came pre-loaded with Jelly Bean 4.1.1? Or did you get an OTA update?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen@Lan View Post
    When you turn it on, can you let us know if it came pre-loaded with Jelly Bean 4.1.1? Or did you get an OTA update?

Thanks
    Would like to know this as well. I received mine but won't be able to crack it open until tomorrow. Just wondering what version of the OS awaits me.

Global Posts
    1,017 Global Posts

Just got mine also, same exact scenario, shipping notice email arrived after the device! Loving it so far.
    About five minutes after I booted it up, system update (jelly bean) appeared. All very smooth.

Everyone on the other forums says it still is ICS but most get the notification to update pretty quickly.

Hi guys first time posting long time watcher. I got the same scenario first phone then shipping email. It come with ICS 4.04, when I go to software update its already downloading it. JB here I come.

Awesome! That's great news. I finally converted my gf after 4 years to switch to Android from the Crapple iSheep. I told her about the ridiculous assness crapple is doing with the patent infringements and she agreed that they are totally lame. And she was also bored of how iOS looks and feels.

I'm actually kind of glad that the Gnex comes with ICS pre-loaded so that she can feel the difference when she updates to Jelly Bean so that she appreciates it more.

As for me, I'm patiently waiting for Verizon to get up to speed with the gsm counterpart. Here's to another 5 months or so of waiting. (Hopefully Verizon surprises us and pushes that OTA update sooner)

Enjoy your Gnex and JB everyone! Cheers!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks
    I have version 4.0.4. I did get one update but it wasn't for JB, unfortunately. When I check under updates now it says "Your system is currently up to date". Hopefully it will get JB soon...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Awesome! That's great news. I finally converted my gf after 4 years to switch to Android from the Crapple iSheep. I told her about the ridiculous assness crapple is doing with the patent infringements and she agreed that they are totally lame. And she was also bored of how iOS looks and feels.
    Well, I guess I am still part iSheep then, because I still use and love my iPad 3.

However, I do not agree with nor do I support Apples frivolous lawsuits, including the the latest one involving the Nexus.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by omnitrix View Post
    Hi guys first time posting long time watcher. I got the same scenario first phone then shipping email. It come with ICS 4.04, when I go to software update its already downloading it. JB here I come.
    I got a software update as well, but I'm not sure what it was for because my Nexus says 4.0.4. with no more updates available at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    I got a software update as well, but I'm not sure what it was for because my Nexus says 4.0.4. with no more updates available at this time.
    Same thing happened with me - a 4.0.4 update while already on 4.0.4 - and I've been trying to update to Jelly Bean for an hour and a half after that. I just followed this below and was immediately able to update afterwards (downloading now): Settings-Apps-All-Google Services Framework-Force Stop-Clear Data
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    Same thing happened with me - a 4.0.4 update while already on 4.0.4 - and I've been trying to update to Jelly Bean for an hour and a half after that. I just followed this below and was immediately able to update afterwards (downloading now): Settings-Apps-All-Google Services Framework-Force Stop-Clear Data
    Thank you so much for posting this, it worked and I am now running jellybean 4.1.1

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    jpr likes this.

Got home this afternoon and found a package at my door, opened it up and it was the Galaxy Nexus that I ordered on the 7th from the Google Play store. My tracking info email came right after I opened the box to say it was shipped, LOL. This is the first time I received an item before I got the shipping notice.

I am charging it now so I haven't even switched sims or turned it on yet, but so far I love the feel of it. Doesn't feel cheap as some people have said. I can't wait to take the sim out of my iPhone and put it in my new Nexus.

Aloha IR! I remember you from HoFo. What brings you back to Googleland? I recall you were trying out a Rezound(Which I love) before going with the 4S. What do you think about the GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus? I tried out the Verizon GN and was so disenchanted with it. But I hear the unlocked GSM version is a much better experience. Go Phillies
    "I'm all jack'd up on Mountain Dew!"
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by experiment626 View Post
    Aloha IR! I remember you from HoFo. What brings you back to Googleland? I recall you were trying out a Rezound(Which I love) before going with the 4S. What do you think about the GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus? I tried out the Verizon GN and was so disenchanted with it. But I hear the unlocked GSM version is a much better experience. Go Phillies
    Hey, good hearing from you. I forgot about Hofo. I liked the Rezound, but Verizon didn't work out too good for me here, so I went back too my 4S for a bit. However, after several jailbreaks Im back to Android. I really like the GSM Nexus, the reception and GPS are great. With the latest jellybean update things are pretty fast on the Nexus.

PS: The Phillies aren't doing too good this year but I still love'M!

ROM
    Viper Rom ICS Android 4.0

Congrats and welcome to the real Android side !!

Thanked by:

I got mine today and the shipping notice after I already opened the box. It hadn't updated to 4.0.4 when I took it out of the box. I had to update it twice.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by jesse813 View Post
    Congrats and welcome to the real Android side !!

Hey, thanks, Jesse. So far I like everything about it except the short battery life.

Oh, I forgot to ask. Which courier service did Google use to ship?

Thanks in advanced.

UPS