Jelly Bean Bugs

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't think not being able to turn off vibration feedback on the lock screen would be lack of a feature it seems like something that should of been embedded into the Jb update. Every other vibration can easily be turned off. Its something minor not serious. And there's no apps I stated that was not in the phone; I said Chrome is laggier compared to the stock browser also stating it may not be a JB issue. Anyways thanks for nothing. You seem to be the bug.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Vibration is a feature, thus my statement. You're "opinion" that the option should be there doesn't make it a bug, or change that it's a feature. Now, if vibration wasn't working correctly that would be a bug. Chrome, while made by Google, is not the stock browser. If it has more lag than the stock browser that is indeed an issue within the app.

You gave a list a bugs in 4.1 that are not bugs in 4.1.

"You" are the bug.

Sent from my Stock AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

terencet1603

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Lack of a feature you want isn't a bug. Apps not built into the phone have nothing to do with the device.

Sent from my Stock AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

I don't think not being able to turn off vibration feedback on the lock screen would be lack of a feature it seems like something that should of been embedded into the Jb update. Every other vibration can easily be turned off. Its something minor not serious. And there's no apps I stated that was not in the phone; I said Chrome is laggier compared to the stock browser also stating it may not be a JB issue. Anyways thanks for nothing. You seem to be the bug.

MyrddinBach

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I've upgraded my GNEX to JB I've been having sporadic issues of not being able to send texts. It'll just keep saying 'message not sent' and will have to retry until it sends. Can take up to 5 retries before it sends. A couple of times was only able to send after a reboot.

This has happened in multiple locations and always have a good signal. Anyone else having this problem?

Tacty

May 25, 2012
Visit site
there is some issues with my galaxy nexus and jelly bean

1. bluetooth is sometimes stuck up while trying to switch it on. it just sat there stucked and the only solution is to reboot the phone! Annoying...

2. the same is happening with 3g button on power widget. sometimes i cant turn it off, again the only solution is to reboot the phone...

C3PO

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm having issues with Handcent. Not sure if its JB or Hancent. I get a notification that there is a message when there isn't really a message. Anyone else getting that issue if they use Hancent?

Espun

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Since updating to Jelly Bean on my Verizon G'Nex, I can no longer download my address book and call history to my car (connectivity still works great). I used to get a pop-up in ICS to confirm sharing contacts. Has this control been moved or embedded elsewhere?

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Try deleting your car from your phone and your phone from your car. Then re-pair it. It should ask if you give permission for the car to download the phonebook. Select yes and not to display the message again. You should be good.
Since updating to Jelly Bean on my Verizon G'Nex, I can no longer download my address book and call history to my car (connectivity still works great). I used to get a pop-up in ICS to confirm sharing contacts. Has this control been moved or embedded elsewhere?

The Keither

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
My phone has done this bluetooth problem you describe since I got it on ICS 4.0 (verizon). Each successive build I hope that it gets fixed, and it never does. Leading me to believe its a flaw in my phone, not the software.

there is some issues with my galaxy nexus and jelly bean

1. bluetooth is sometimes stuck up while trying to switch it on. it just sat there stucked and the only solution is to reboot the phone! Annoying...

2. the same is happening with 3g button on power widget. sometimes i cant turn it off, again the only solution is to reboot the phone...

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else receiving small MMS pictures? It used to work fine, but now pictures I get are small.

EDIT: Has anyone had this problem with JB. I don't get what would change it to this

Last edited:

Hassan Khan

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a samsung google nexus prime i9250.

I am facing following problems, please help as soon as possible.

1. After updating the i9250 to jelly bean, I am unable to sign in google/gmail account (email, application store etc) using WiFi.. it always gives the error connection time (retry)
the google account/play store is only workable on Mobile Packet Data. Only browser is working on Wifi.

WiFi is useless in this regard.... please help me... I am really worried

Hassan

---------- Post Merged at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:35 AM ----------

I have a samsung google nexus prime i9250.

I am facing following problems, please help as soon as possible.

1. After updating the i9250 to jelly bean, I am unable to sign in google/gmail account (email, application store etc) using WiFi.. it always gives the error connection time (retry)
the google account/play store is only workable on Mobile Packet Data. Only browser is working on Wifi.

WiFi is useless in this regard.... please help me... I am really worried

mayastig

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
just picked up my gnex and upgraded to JB. two odd things:

1. the led light wont pulse. any email, sms, etc i get ill hear it, but the damn led wont pulse at all?
2. in the notifications like email or SMS, i dont have the option to reply? i thought this was a cool feature looking at all the videos online, am i missing something?

moxeem

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
@MyrddinBach: Yes. I am having this problem. The problem is due to JB eliminating the area code out of the number. It happens to me sporadically as well. Clearly a bug, but I don't know how to reproduce it, as it can happen when I'm doing either a reply, or a new text from scratch. In order to restore it to the original number, I have to create a new text, insert the number myself with the area code, and then, the recipient reverts back to the old number, including the area code. This is very annoying, and so is the work-around hehe.

@All: The second problem I'm facing is that the screen sometimes becomes less responsive, or rather, less sensitive. This also happens at random times, but when it does, it's frustrating to type because half presses do not register and I suddenly have to type very slow. Turning the screen off and turning it back on again gets rid of the problem, but the problems comes back quite a few times a day.

I hope Google is scanning this forum or someone is forwarding this to the developers. I consider the lack of responsiveness severe, and the other one less so, but still time consuming.

wanderingsteve

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Verizon's Galaxy Nexus. Had the phone since it came out here in the states. Unrooted.
I received the OTA update of Android 4.1.1 Jellybean via Verizon on September 21st.

However, ever since the update, I have had issues with my wifi signal in areas I didn't have issues with before.
It's especially noticeable in my house, where it will actually toggle between wifi and 3G because it's losing the signal, even though I'm not very far from the router (and the router is working perfectly fine, and has not been moved).

I'm also having boot issues that I didn't have before; upon turning my phone on, sometimes it takes considerably longer to boot up than it should. It'll remain on the Google logo for quite some time, then eventually go to the Nexus logo, and then finally to my home screen.

Steps I have already taken to remedy the issues, without success:
- I've removed the battery, then placed it back in.
- I've deleted my primary wifi connection from my phone, then re-found it and put in the password.
- I went to my local Verizon store, which was of no help.
- I called up Verizon tech support, and although the person I spoke with logged the issue, he suggested doing a complete factory reset, which I did.
- Called up Google's Nexus support, and the person I spoke to said the issue likely is with Verizon, as they haven't had problems with the GSM phones.
- Called up Samsung's tech support, and the woman felt that it probably is a software issue, as the phone was working fine before the 4.1 update.

None of the above has helped.

Anyone else have these issues?

Hardware info:
Baseband version: I515.09 V. FF02/ I515.FG02
Build Number: JRO03O
Kernel Version: 3.0.31-g396c4df
Android 4.1.1

Wolfroid

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed a bit of a lag when:
1. opening the camera from the lock screen about a 1 or 2 lag (only when the phone's been idle)
2. opening Google now only when the phone's been idle)
3. Scrolling between the first and second page of the apps drawer ... it's a very minute one but still noticeable if you pay attention

I'm not sure if there's an application I've installed which my be causing these lags

I`ve noticed the same three things like you...its minor but they are there!

Polish Prince

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My phone has rebooted when snapping photos. That's my main gripe. It doesn't always reboot, but it's happened numerous times.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

justatest#AC

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have wifi connection issues since I flashed the stock JB. I wasn't before when I was running JB ROMS. I had no problems with jelly belly 8.2 but was a little "skippy"

SAMSUNG S3LOL

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a new problem with the jelly bean update for my samsung s3, when i recieve calls it vibrates; however when i recieve texts it does not vibraite do you know how to fix this? is it a bug that will be fixed in the future?
Please help.

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a new problem with the jelly bean update for my samsung s3, when i recieve calls it vibrates; however when i recieve texts it does not vibraite do you know how to fix this? is it a bug that will be fixed in the future?
Please help.

Go to your text app then settings and make sure vibration is checked