Galaxy Nexus to Virgin Mobile?

rweeks

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have been using vm for almost 2 years now, and want to upgrade from my ov, and was wondering if anyone knows if it would be possible to use the GN on this carrier?

Reactions: Encerspay45

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
VM uses Sprint so you couldn't use the unlocked GSM version. Editing again because I looked up VM's terms to see if you could bring the Sprint Galaxy Nexus and you are not allowed to bring your own phone. It has to be a Virgin Mobile phone. So, legally you cannot do this. I don't want to post illegal methods in this forum, but there are ways around it you can find elsewhere IF you want to do that.

Last edited:

rweeks

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that I am concerned about is the 100 minutes. I'm used to the 300 I have with vm. $30 a month is great considering their speeds, but what other options are available?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that I am concerned about is the 100 minutes. I'm used to the 300 I have with vm. $30 a month is great considering their speeds, but what other options are available?

Straight Talk has a $45 "unlimited" plan that's a pretty awesome deal. Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, and "Unlimited" (more like 2GB) data.

You can also go with the $60 T-Mobile plan that is UL talk / UL text / throttles at 2GB.

You can also just go with the $30 T-Mobile plan and pay minute overages at $0.10/min. But if you need more than 250 min/month on average, you're better off with Straight Talk IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirradical