Question about Galaxy Nexus phone price

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have never owned a Nexus phone before, so I have a question about its pricing. Does the price of the previous generation Nexus drop on the Play store when a new version is released? When the new ones drop later this year will the current Galaxy Nexus be offered for like $200 or something? Or does Google stop selling them completely?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I have never owned a Nexus phone before, so I have a question about its pricing. Does the price of the previous generation Nexus drop on the Play store when a new version is released? When the new ones drop later this year will the current Galaxy Nexus be offered for like $200 or something? Or does Google stop selling them completely?

Google hasn't sold a phone directly since the Nexus One (which was only for a little while). We don't know what will happen when the next Nexus comes out. I don't see the price of the GNex going much lower any time soon. $350 is probably pretty close to "at cost" for the GNex right now. Maybe another $50 drop late in this year or early next year, but that's about it.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Do the Nexus phones have good resale value?

The unlocked GSM ones have good resale usually because unlocked phones are expensive. With the $350 GNex now, I wouldn't expect it to drop too much more as I said. Worst case scenario is it drops to be worth like $200, in which case you lost $150 and that's not a bad deal.

The CDMA (Verizon / Sprint) ones resale is super low because people can get them cheap on contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech