[GUIDE] Return Your GSM Nexus to Stock / Flash to "takju" (now Android 4.2)

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] Return Your GSM Nexus to Stock / Flash to "takju"

is this easier than the xda how to guide?? it seems to have less steps and I would like to take the easiest safest route.

I have yakjuzs 4.0.4 build IMM76K

The guides are all pretty universal. There's no trickery or corner-cutting you can do on this. Its a pretty basic set of commands and it's all using the same language and images from the same Google servers.

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

Maybe its just me but I dont see this guide mentioning the install of drivers??

Anyway I think I will give this step by step a try tomorrow after work!

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Maybe its just me but I dont see this guide mentioning the install of drivers??

Anyway I think I will give this step by step a try tomorrow after work!

Drivers are necessary on Windows. Because the drivers can be very convoluted and troublesome, with so many factors coming into what ones to choose, I've yet to craft a definitive guide to driver setup. Also, many people are doing this on OSX and Linux, and don't need drivers at all.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

where can I have yakjuxw factory image? I am from Indonesia

Google doesn't manage those images, so there's no official way to get them. Some people have hosted them on other sites.

Why specifically do you need the yakjuxw image? I'm assuming you're returning to stock for a warranty replacement? If so, then its really not important that you put the yakjuxw image specifically. Just return it to stock with a plain yakju 4.0.2 or 4.0.2 image and lock the bootloader, they're not going to look into it that hard to see that it's yakjuxw.

avlucas

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Newbie alert. Hi, I live in Australia, should I flash to yakju or takju? Is there a difference? And if I decide for yakju is the process the same? (Downloading the yakju instead).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Newbie alert. Hi, I live in Australia, should I flash to yakju or takju? Is there a difference? And if I decide for yakju is the process the same? (Downloading the yakju instead).

The process is the exact same no matter what image you select.

There's no practical difference between Takju and Yakju if you're international because you don't get Google Wallet either way. I'd say you should flash Takju though because that's what's coming on the Google Play Store sold Galaxy Nexuses. Good idea to stick with that.

Reactions: avlucas

avlucas

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site

Thanks so much for the topic and for your help, I used both this one and xda-developer one to make sure I didn't mess up. It's working flawlessly. Got takju. I am a happier person now LOL.

Reactions: Andrew Martonik

osbertc0ol

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

hi, i just starting to unlock my nexus
but, after i install SDK, i cant run ADB command

so i checked my sdk files and it says adb has moved to platform-tools
but i dont have that directory
and it says i must open sdk and avd tools
i've opened it, and it has nothing say about sdk platform-tools install or anything like that

i'm stuck now

----------------------------------EDITED-----------------------------------------
so i have found my way myself

and now, how i find the userdata.img and else
when i download your link it just have yakju-jro03c-factory-3174c1e5.tar

so how?

Last edited:

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

hi, i just starting to unlock my nexus
but, after i install SDK, i cant run ADB command

so i checked my sdk files and it says adb has moved to platform-tools
but i dont have that directory
and it says i must open sdk and avd tools
i've opened it, and it has nothing say about sdk platform-tools install or anything like that

i'm stuck now

----------------------------------EDITED-----------------------------------------
so i have found my way myself

and now, how i find the userdata.img and else
when i download your link it just have yakju-jro03c-factory-3174c1e5.tar

so how?

Glad you figured it out, but for future times, you don't need the whole SDK to do a simple flash. You just need to download the ADB and Fastboot files, that's it. You can put these in any directory you want (right on the desktop is easy).

So that ".tar" file contains all of the necessary image files. You need to open the .tar and you'll have all of the proper files inside.

birdbird

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

Is it just me because when I go to do fastboot flash system system.img, it says cannot load system.img. I'm guessing this is because the folder is still zipped ...

I'm running Win XP by the way. My directory is at the takju-jro03c, but the system.img is in the folder inside takju-jro03c called image-takju-jro03c. Should I change my directory to that so I can load system.img and the files after it?

Please reply asap!

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Is it just me because when I go to do fastboot flash system system.img, it says cannot load system.img. I'm guessing this is because the folder is still zipped ...

I'm running Win XP by the way. My directory is at the takju-jro03c, but the system.img is in the folder inside takju-jro03c called image-takju-jro03c. Should I change my directory to that so I can load system.img and the files after it?

Please reply asap!

You need to completely unzip all of the files into one directory so that you can access them.

Reactions: birdbird

birdbird

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

You need to completely unzip all of the files into one directory so that you can access them.

Would it be fine if I just copied the files from that image-takju folder into the main takju folder I'm using?

Thanks for such a quick reply!

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Would it be fine if I just copied the files from that image-takju folder into the main takju folder I'm using?

Thanks for such a quick reply!

Yup doesn't matter how you get them in there, just have them all in one place without renaming them.

birdbird

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

Yup doesn't matter how you get them in there, just have them all in one place without renaming them.

Ok! Thanks again Andrew! I'm on the last few steps ... hopefully I don't mess up (knock on wood).

Is the fastboot flash system system.img supposed to take a while?

EDIT: Well I've completed all the steps. Rebooting as I type this. I'll post back with an update.

EDIT 2: All is well. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH ANDREW.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew Martonik

lyall29#AC

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Hey Andrew, I just ordered a galaxy nexus from newegg. After I placed my order I read that they are selling the Docomo version. Is this OK or should I send it back? If its OK then I just use your method to flash yakju correct?? Also will the phone be unlocked after flashing yakju? I've read posts that say flashing another firmware would relock the phone again and would then have to unlock using the apk found on the xda forums. Thank you for your help.

coolcat368

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, first post, when I tried to load the img file it said I had the wrong bootloader and that it required bootloader 'primelc03' but I had 'primekk15' does anyone know how to fix this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463