Media Server battery drain

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Today in the car I was only listening to music on play music. My battery went from 100% to 0 in just 4 hours. I just charged it not long ago and as I am typing this my battery is going down 1% per minute. Its shouldn't be this excessive. I looked at battery and it showed media server taking up 10% of my battery. Whenever I have checked on battery in the past it never showed media server as a battery user. Is anyone else having the same problem that I am and can anyone help me with this problem? I read on some forums that is was a corrupt file and some music had to be deleted. I deleted all my music I downloaded recently and kept my old music on my phone that didn't create a problem before. I deleted all my ringtones I created with ringtone maker and my battery is still going down like there is no tomorrow. Right now as I am typing this I am at 65% battery. When I started this post I was at 70. I was and have wifi on but am and was using hspa+. I am using T-Mobile and I have stock android 4.1.1. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you happen to have another battery you can pop in to see if it's something with the battery? That way we can focus solely on the software side.

datboicastro

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue my battery is draining way too quick. It happened with the last update. I use Google play music a lot. Its definitely a software issue not hardware

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Shad0wguy

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this as well, and it seems to be related to google music syncing. If you go into your google account in settings and uncheck music it seems to help quite a bit.

JSids

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I used Play Music lots before Jelly Bean and never had an issue with it. Now it craps out after playing 2 or 3 songs and gobbles battery until I restart my s3. C'mon Google, new updates are expected to cause occasional issues with third party apps but this is ridiculous. Especially considering this is your homemade music player.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm