Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question for anyone that exchanged their GNex through Google...

So, I JUST received my Galaxy Nexus today, loving it, but a few issues:

1) On the upper right corner of the back, it pops out, won't snap all the way, and whenever I hold the phone, the way I hold it makes a sound every time I move my finger, it's annoying while on a call. Also I can push down on it and it gives way, unlike the opposite side that just doesnt do anything....

2) Sound is HORRIBLY low, I'll push it down to half volume and absolutely no sound is coming out.

3) The charger makes a high pitched noise when plugged into any outlet.

My question is, will Google replace it with a refurb if it's within the 15 day return window?

Also, will they ship you out a phone first and then you send your back?

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

If it's in the 15 day period, a Google rep will contact a Samsung representative that will then request an exchange for you. They will send you a new unit before you send back the faulty one if you agree to let them hold $349 on your credit card. Once you receive the new unit, send back the faulty one (Samsung will provide you with a UPS shipping label) and they will release the hold on your credit card.

I just did this for the common purple tint issue, but my second unit has the same problem. I plan on just returning it this time. I don't want to deal with anymore exchanges.

BTW, I had to wait on the phone for about an hour before a rep actually took my call this past Wednesday. The reps were nice though....
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Question for anyone that exchanged their GNex through Google.

Thanks for the info. Im on the phone with Samsung now, only had to wait on hold with Google for 15 minutes, haha.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well, from the looks of things, the representative I talked to told me it was going to be an exchange with a brand new sealed in box unit, yet I get a Repair Ticket and a prepaid UPs shipping label with information on how to send the phone back for repair...

interesting.

UPDATE: Called Samsung back, they rep I talked to definitely set it up as a repair, not an exchange, even though I verified it with him 3 times throughout the call. Now I've been on hold with this current Samsung rep for 10 minutes to look over my "options". Options for what? I JUST got the phone delivered today. Really, Samsung?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes, yes, spamming posts. >.<

Okay, so the representative I talked to cancelled the original ticket and filed a new one for a replacement and I'll get a call from their processing center within 1 business day. The e-mail I got looked exactly the same as the other one...so I guess their replacement tickets look exactly the same as their repair tickets.

I'm so confused right now.

Quote Originally Posted by googly View Post
    If it's in the 15 day period, a Google rep will contact a Samsung representative that will then request an exchange for you. They will send you a new unit before you send back the faulty one if you agree to let them hold $349 on your credit card. Once you receive the new unit, send back the faulty one (Samsung will provide you with a UPS shipping label) and they will release the hold on your credit card.

I just did this for the common purple tint issue, but my second unit has the same problem. I plan on just returning it this time. I don't want to deal with anymore exchanges.

BTW, I had to wait on the phone for about an hour before a rep actually took my call this past Wednesday. The reps were nice though....
    Had almost the same situation, the first unit was excessively overheating, the second unit had a vertical bright line on the screen. Ended up returning both for refund. I really loved the Jelly Bean, very refined OS, beautiful smooth animations, etc... But Samsuck is the problem here. As I told to the Google rep, i wish Google went with Motorola for the Nexus line, my old Atrix was working like a clockwork and no issues with the screen. Super Amoled displays just have waaay to many issues, very often defective out of the box., and if you go to any store where their phones are on display you can see screen burn-ins on almost all of them... Its a shame...

Quote Originally Posted by geneticfusion View Post
    Well, from the looks of things, the representative I talked to told me it was going to be an exchange with a brand new sealed in box unit, yet I get a Repair Ticket and a prepaid UPs shipping label with information on how to send the phone back for repair...

interesting.

UPDATE: Called Samsung back, they rep I talked to definitely set it up as a repair, not an exchange, even though I verified it with him 3 times throughout the call. Now I've been on hold with this current Samsung rep for 10 minutes to look over my "options". Options for what? I JUST got the phone delivered today. Really, Samsung?
    Thats what they told me too, eventhough i had my phone for less than a week. Repair only. No exchange.. That greatly affected my decision to get the iPhone btw... apple is known for their best CS..
    Edit:
    You see, this really sucks, because if you have an ATT unit they'll send you a new one within your 14 days, and later if you pay insurance they give you a refurb device. While with the Google nexus you are pretty much screwed if something happend with it.. Will have to have for up to two weeks and pay shipping fees out of our pocket...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Trevalkin View Post
    Thats what they told me too, eventhough i had my phone for less than a week. Repair only. No exchange.. That greatly affected my decision to get the iPhone btw... apple is known for their best CS..
    Edit:
    You see, this really sucks, because if you have an ATT unit they'll send you a new one wothing your 14 days, and later if you pay insurance they give you a refurb device. While with the Google nexus you are pretty much screwed if something happend with it.. Will have to have for up to two weeks and pay shipping fees out of our pocket...
    Yeah, Apple did have AMAZING CS, one of the things I'll miss from transitioning to Android.

I think, I THINK, they finally got me set up for an exchange. If not.....I don't know, hopefully Google will be able to help me.

I admit, even with my exchange (again, as I mentioned in another thread, it was in the beginning, before the Nexus 7 and Jellybean and all), it was somewhat confusing to me as to whether I would be receiving a brand new device or they were just going to fix mine and send it back. Either way I didn't care at the time, I didn't see a difference - although now I kind of understand what you mean. If I just bought the device, I should get a brand new one, definitely - not just mine "fixed", if it's even fixed when it's returned. Regardless, my experience with Google's CS was amazing (his name was Chris), but my experience on Samsung's side was mediocre. It wasn't terrible, but it was a big difference compared to Google's. The e-mails they send you are what are confusing...I believe they send you a "repair" ticket no matter what. But don't let it fool you - in my case, at least - I received that "repair" ticket in my e-mail, but I didn't send my phone until I received the other one from them...and it was sealed in its box when it arrived. Good luck!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by jonneh View Post
    I admit, even with my exchange (again, as I mentioned in another thread, it was in the beginning, before the Nexus 7 and Jellybean and all), it was somewhat confusing to me as to whether I would be receiving a brand new device or they were just going to fix mine and send it back. Either way I didn't care at the time, I didn't see a difference - although now I kind of understand what you mean. If I just bought the device, I should get a brand new one, definitely - not just mine "fixed", if it's even fixed when it's returned. Regardless, my experience with Google's CS was amazing (his name was Chris), but my experience on Samsung's side was mediocre. It wasn't terrible, but it was a big difference compared to Google's. The e-mails they send you are what are confusing...I believe they send you a "repair" ticket no matter what. But don't let it fool you - in my case, at least - I received that "repair" ticket in my e-mail, but I didn't send my phone until I received the other one from them...and it was sealed in its box when it arrived. Good luck!
    That's good to hear. So, after you initially set up the exchange, did you get a call from Samsung the next day to finish the exchange process before they sent you a phone. That's what they told me was going to happen, so now i'm patiently awaiting a call.

Mine wasn't the next day, but I do remember receiving a phone call from Samsung after my initial phone call with them and Google. Once Google handed me off to Samsung, they were done with me unless I wanted to call back and talk about something with my order. I remember I had to wait 2-3 days for Samsung's call, but when it came they verified all of my info like CC and shipping address, and told me they were shipping it out to me, giving me directions to send mine to them when I receive theirs. During all this time, though, my bank account did have a subtraction of the entire cost of the phone, like $430 or whatever it was back then. They were quick to remove that, thankfully, after they received my defective phone.

I am working with mine because it is shutting itself off in my pocket randomly. So I waited 4 days and never heard a word from Samsung. I called back and apparently they did something wrong....I was transferred and then hung up on. I called back and was hung up on again.

Then finally someone said he fixed my ticket and someone would call me back in 24 hours to get CC number. I got a call about an hour later asking for my CC number.

Then a day later someone called me again asking for my CC number. I told her that someone called last night for this info. She said oh ok have a good day.

The CS is insanely mixed with my reactions. While everyone I talked to was nice and pleasant, as well as I could hear them correctly. They don't seem to know anything about anything.

Hopefully when my phone gets here tomorrow it'll be a fully functional working model so I never have to deal with them again.

I am one who also wishes Moto would make the next Nexus. I don't see it happening but it sure would be nice.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.