| || |
Re: Left iPhone 4 for Galaxy Nexus. Please help with this battery
I've had the gnex for about 6 months and had the og desire before.
What I've found is that you don't really need to turn synching off, although having it any less than 30 minutes is probably bad for your health.
Auto Brightness is all well and good but if you're inside at work or home then it'll adjust it to low levels anyway.
What i've done that lets me get ~2hrs screentime into about ~16 hours battery life on the stock battery:
1) all syncs are at least an hour apart
2) I run Locale with which i've set up multiple profiles for my phone that branch out into other apps APNDroid (and also Astrid, but that's not important right now)
3) i've set my phone to always have wifi on in order that google now knows my presence better, as well as having locational data on.
4) Locale profiles:
- default is 3g on, bt off, auto-brightness, 30 second display sleep, wifi on, ring volume full
- headphones changes the media volume to 50% when inserted and launches beyondpod
- work = 10% brightmess, 30 sec sleep, 3g on, media volume 0, ring volune 50
- Offline on desk - at work, during work hours, whilst facing up, my phone turns off the internet, the bt, the wifi. This puts the phone in an almost inert state that a) lets me work and b) stops me activating the screen on any notifications.
- Under 10% my profiles kill off anything data related, even wifi, in order that i can pick/make emergency calls for the next hour or two.
5) it's the screen that uses the power much more than anything else.
This allows me enough time & battery to enjoy the trips to work, the loo (phone goes back online when i pick it up) whilst not worrying about running out of call-battery.