Phone still operating behind black screen

rep503

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Greetings Interwebs-

This afternoon my Galaxy Nexus dropped approx. 10"-12" from a collapsable stadium chair on to concrete, leaving the screen totally black and the phone seemingly unusuable. However, after a bit of troubleshooting, I have determined that the touchscreen is responsive and that the phone appears to be functioning normally (except that the screen itself is blank.) It still rings when it receives calls, texts, and emails, and gives tactile feedback when touching the screen where buttons are located.

It appears to have struck the very top side of the phone (near where the lock button is located on an iPhone), creating a small crack in the screen. The crack itself is difficult to notice and unlike a spider-web, does not impede or impair the use of the touchscreen. My belief and hope is that during the fall, something may have become disconnected (power to the LCD display), that may be corrected from home.

If you know anything about this problem or the interworkings of the Galaxy Nexus I appreciate any help or advice you can provide.

Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781